Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Do you know what the Onan part # is?
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2011, 06:44 PM   #16

The only number engraved on the part is "480 618" although there's some sort of label that has been painted over.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:55 AM   #17

Time for me to give back to the discussion.

First, got a call-back from Walt's RV, price was $170, the same as Richardson's. That was a non-starter.

Went to AutoZone and for $50 picked up a Spectra Premium 8016S, which appears to be a Chinese version of the Airtex E8016S. just went to their web site and it shows that it is a low pressure pump, running from 2.5-7 psi. Does anyone know how the pressure is regulated?

While $50 is a bit higher than I thought it would be based on the prices on the Airtex E8016S, the kit includes a fuel filter, hoses and mounting hardware.

Here's the instructions if anyone is interested.

I will probably not get to installing it until after I get back from the Chrysler SRT event on Friday morning but as soon as I do, check back here for the details.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:52 PM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I have the Onan 6500, I have no regulator between the pump and the carb. Seven pounds of pressure will more than likely be too much. If the carb floods you will know it's too much pressure. You can install a regulator inline if you have problems. I really scored getting my extra pump when I did. He had tons of them in a box for $10 each, I picked up two and gave one to a buddy for a spare. $170 is crazy for that pump. I get in-tank auto pumps for that price.
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #19

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My 1984 southwind had an after market pump sitting on the shelf right next to the gen it worked great for the 6 years I owned it. Oh and welcome to the world of RVing. The fridge should start to feel cold after a few minutes put your hand on the bottom of freezer it should feel cool if not even cold. Have you found the GFCI outlet and see if it is tripped that would cut power to the fridge. If you take the cover off the outside of fridge you should be able to see outlet for fridge. You could try to plug something into it to make sure you actually have power.
Conquest102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #20

you have bought a fuel pump; but if the generator hasn't been ran for several years I would guess the fuel pump will not fix the problem; 99 chances out of 100 your carbarator is gumed up and a good cleanout of the carbrator will solve your problem. Before replacing the fuel pump do as someone else suggested; remove the gas line from the carbrator; put it in a container crank the motor for at least 30 seconds and see if anything comes out.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:39 PM   #21

It was as I suspected, the fuel pump. But instead of the 2.5-7 psi Airtex unit, I returned it to AutoZone and in its place, purchased a universal Mr. Gasket fuel pump that runs at 2-3.5 psi (and would not require a regulator).

Installed the unit temporarily in a Rube Goldberg way (I lacked the proper screw fittings on the output side) fired up the generator and it started, allowing me to run both roof-top A/C units at the same time.

I had to stop working as I had to drive up to LA to attend a Chrysler press event but when I return home Friday morning I'm going to get the right fittings to clean up the hose from the output side of the fuel pump to the line going to the carb.

But the generator now works and I'm hopeful that I'll have all the systems operational by the weekend.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:30 AM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Looks like you are on the way, Richard. Just looking at your picture, something occurred to me, that I went through a while back with my Bounder - replacing many of the screw-type hose clamps with new ones, with wide 'butterfly wing' twistys on them - no screwdriver or 5/16" nut driver needed. I've seen them at Autozone, Napa, Tractor Supply and many other places - they make tightening/loosening hose clamps so much easier, no tools needed. Plus they come in 'designer colors', whatever the heck that means..red, blue, yellow, black, etc etc.

Keep in touch!
Old 11-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #23

Hi Rich'ard,

I too am a new owner of a 1986 Pace Arrow eleganza, this one only has 40,000 miles on it. I would love to hear and work with you on the fixes that you encounter, and vise versa. I have all running, except the furnace, I've tried new fuses, to see if that well start the blower. Any ideas. I'm in Hollister area, this RV was donated to me, to live in while I work on houses for a Non Profit. Thanks Gina
gnorens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #24

Gina,

Just sent you a private message with direct contact info.

Richard
Old 11-11-2011, 07:27 PM   #25

About 2 weeks ago my wife and I picked up our first MH. A 92 Fleetwood Bounder 31'. We picked it up in Victorville and drove it to our place in Laguna Woods. Maybe we should do walk arounds scratching our heads together Im having electrical issues and not convinced thier issues at all but, novice mistakes
captaindesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:15 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome to RVing, I just read all your posts and find them interesting as I'm just into an older MH myself and although I've got most of mine accessories running. I haven't fooled with the fridge. Gonna try that today.