Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2014, 04:17 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome to the forum....

Chiefbvfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2014, 06:19 AM   #16

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I have managed to get that frozen air pump off, and the moment I dropped it on my bench it started to turn again. Replacing that anyway no way I am putting it back on, after all that work it gets a new one it will probably freeze up again anyway. After sitting for a year or so I am sure I will find more fun things to work on and upgrade. I will post some pictures of it tonight in the Winnebago section.
drakgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:20 AM   #17

Welcome to the forum....
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:56 PM   #18
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:26 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Would you still buy this older unit after the problems you have had if you were to do it again?

We are looking at used also and a DP. Hope to get something around 2000 to 2004. I realize every unit (new or used) will have it's issues, but wondered what you thought now.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:28 AM   #20

First welcome to the Forum and so sorry to hear about your problem. Hang in there and enjoy your camping experiences.
myshaggydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:35 AM   #21

Beamisl, if I could get it for the same price I got this one for, I would definitely buy it again. Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days I have literally been elbows deep in the engine compartment new belts and that pesky smog pump. At this point I have a total of around 1500 into this and that includes the tow, so even with the few things that need work I can't complain. All of the high dollar things seem to work (generator, appliances) just has a plumbing leak, a couple of electrical sockets don't seem to work and a front air spring is rotted.

The next time I buy one I will know what to check for sure before I buy it lol. Honestly it is a story about how I ended up purchasing this one. It was a craigslist find I had called the lady earlier in the day about it, while I was looking at another she called me back. I told her I would be there in about an hr. Just after I left the one I was looking at she called me again. During the course of the hour it took me to get there she had called/texted me about 15 times. When I arrived she was on the phone with her father in law, and she handed me the phone as he was actually the owner. He told me he wanted it gone to help her with diapers and food as his son was a lazy...you get the idea. I drove it around the storage units and all was ok then I didn't even get to ask how much and she says if you want it you can have it for 500. Alll this time the owners son is just sitting in their car. I ended up giving her the whole some of 1k I had in the event I found one to use to hold it till I got to the bank. She was so happy she jumped on me and gave me a giant hug cause she had needed the money that night for diapers for her baby, and food for the house. Sure hope she gets rid of Mr. Lazy or he gets unlazy. I called her father in law later that night to tell him I would make up so.e of the difference as I knew it was worth more but he was ok with the price and thanked me for helping his grand daughter (the baby)

I guess it worked out for all involved. I do suggest taking the time to check out as much as you can when purchasing a new or new to you motor home. Make sure it is what you are looking for, and what ever needs repair you are ok with fixing. Especially if you are a do it yourselfer like I am motor homes apparently are not the easiest things in the world to fix as everything you have to wiggle your way into
drakgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:38 AM   #22

dhowdy
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:13 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks Drakgrim,

We went looking yesterday and found some very nice used rigs. They have minor issues, scratches in the paint, peeling stencils on the sides, worn furniture, things that can be fixed, removed, or replaced. Not sure I want to sit on a 20 yr old couch anyway.

We are 1 to 2 yrs away from purchasing. Friends have suggested we get our rig a year before we go fulltime and do local trips to get used to where things are and how things work. It sounds like good advice but I still have 3 yrs to work and don't want to buy this yr.

We have always fixed things ourselves unless we just couldn't figure it out. I plan to print the check off list under files in here for buying prior to buying a rig. It can't hurt to have it with you.

Hope the girl gets rid of lazy too because unless someone puts dynamite under his lazy (you get the idea), he will not change.

Here's to many beautiful views out your MH windows. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:15 AM   #24
KAS

Isn't that the way of the new to you RV! I know my hubby spends a good bit of effort on ours. Welcome to Rving and Welcome to the forum!

Tags
rving