Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #1

new to rving

in march 2011 we picked up a rockwood roo 21ss tent beds, everything works well. however we don't care for the tents. Yes i'm thinking of a new trailer, what would you reccomend? Pulling with a 2011 tundra 4.6 qnd I would like to stay under 5,000 lbs Thanks For Any Help

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2011, 02:26 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome! Good luck on your new trailer!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:07 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to GreatWhite Send a message via Skype™ to GreatWhite
What would you recommend? There are tons of different RV types out there.. and there is a reason.. everyone has different needs. But.. First... Welcome.

May I suggest you go to as many RV lots as you can.. kick the tires.. crawl under them and stick your head and body into as much of them as you can. Enjoy the experience. If you are fortunate enough to have a big RV show in your area sometime during the year.. check that out.. you'll find hundreds of different models.. from tent trailers to jack ups to cabover campers and on to trailers.. both tow trailers and fifth wheels.. then you move on to class A, B, and C motorhomes..

Only you will know what type of camping you like to do the best... be it wilderness, state/federal parks or full hook up campgrounds. That might have something/a lot to do with what kind of rig you might be interested in. Also, will you be using it full time.. part time.. or just a few weeks a year for vacations.

New or used? Good arguments on both sides of that fence.

Happy hunting
Old 08-29-2011, 06:05 PM   #4

Thanks for the nice welcome

I guess what i should have ask, is which Company's are the best in quality? and which ones should we stay away from?
My Wife and I want A lightweight tag-a-long for part time camping, 4 season capable, and we will try to do some dry camping. We will go to the Hersey Show This September and Looking forward to that. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:05 PM   #5

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
KZ RV Club
If you never went to the Hershey RV show before be prepaired for a long day. When we were in the market for a fifth wheel we spent the entire day going thru only 5ers and never had time to look at the coaches. When you see something you really like pick up the brochure for that RV and put notes on that brochure or you will get home and not remember what you really liked and why. After you look at a couple hunderd you really lose track and start to get them mixed up. When you find one you like then post a thread about it and someone will be able to tell you the good and bad about it.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:57 AM   #6

If you're going to a huge RV show like Hershey, do yourself a real favor and take pictures of trailers your interested in. Make sure to include pictures of the model number and brand as the starting picture and ending picture of the group so they will be easy to sort through them later on your computer. Take pictures of the feature lists and prices they display with the units. The camera can go places you may not want to explore, like under the trailer. Take notes like previously stated and get the brochures.

I tooks tons of pictures at the Tampa show this past January. It helped quite a bit when we got home and were comparing units. Without the pictures it all started get confusing which trailer had what features. But when we sat down at the computer it got easier.

I'm flying up to the PA show, too. We are now looking for a 5th wheel instead of a trailer. So of course we're starting over with the search.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Glad to have you aboard. Trailers, well I can't be much help but as suggested visit many dealerships and the various models. There should be some upcoming RV shows this time of the year as well. Good luck in your search, hope you find the one that meets your needs. Enjoy your travels, be safe and Happy Motoring!!!!
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:24 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by retabfc View Post
in march 2011 we picked up a rockwood roo 21ss tent beds, everything works well. however we don't care for the tents. Yes i'm thinking of a new trailer, what would you reccomend? Pulling with a 2011 tundra 4.6 qnd I would like to stay under 5,000 lbs Thanks For Any Help
I have a real nice 28 ft travel trail 4200lbs in Ohio.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by retabfc View Post
I guess what i should have ask, is which Company's are the best in quality? and which ones should we stay away from?
My Wife and I want A lightweight tag-a-long for part time camping, 4 season capable, and we will try to do some dry camping. We will go to the Hersey Show This September and Looking forward to that. Thanks for your help.
Just curious if you made it to the Hershey Show and did you picked something out?

Tags
rving