Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
36Dutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4
New to RVing

Hello RV er's. I'm new to RVing. Been reading some here and must say,lot's of good info on this forum. I'm a pretty good wrench. I've been doing all my service on my Harley's and plan to do what I can on my RV. I have a 2006 5th Wheel Dutchman Toyhauler. Just got back from a trip out west, 5K miles total. Not counting about 2K on the bike at stopover's. Looking forward to visiting other Rv er's on here. Maybe I can contribute at some time. Thanks for the good info! Ron
__________________

__________________
36Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Bigbluedog55's Avatar
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Cruces NM
Posts: 177

Hi Ron,
And again, welcome.
You have arrived at a great forum in which you will find an large quantity of information and friendly folks.
Sounds like your last trip was a nice one. 5K miles is a bunch of miles.
Luck
Bob
__________________

__________________
BigBlueDog
01 Country Coach Affinity 42 Enclave Toad
Lilly the Raschon and Lulu the Terrier.
Bigbluedog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 26,328
Hi Ron! Welcome to the forums!
__________________
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:15 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
SkiPat's Avatar
 
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 219
Welcome Ron! Sounds like you had a great trip out west.
__________________
Skip & Pat
Prince, our Siberian Husky and Tori, our Yorkie
SkiPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
bsirby's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,750
Welcome Ron! We did our west coast trip this spring and had the best time. We are in NC and will be camping in the mountains next summer. Hopefully we will meet you on the road somewhere.
__________________
Brenda and Frank, FTers, Zebulon, NC
Raisin our mixed hound and BooBoo our cat.
2004 Itasca Suncruiser
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:07 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
36Dutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4
Thanks to all for the welcome. Looking forward to sharing some camping stories. My wife and I just started RVing this summer and are having a great time. Ron
__________________
36Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:13 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
36Dutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsirby View Post
Welcome Ron! We did our west coast trip this spring and had the best time. We are in NC and will be camping in the mountains next summer. Hopefully we will meet you on the road somewhere.
I love Maggie Valley. We go up there on our Bikes alot. Now that we have the RV, we plan to spend a month up there next Summer. I'm originally from Raleigh, NC. I know Zebulon very well.
__________________
36Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:06 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
bsirby's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by 36Dutchman View Post
I love Maggie Valley. We go up there on our Bikes alot. Now that we have the RV, we plan to spend a month up there next Summer. I'm originally from Raleigh, NC. I know Zebulon very well.
We have camped in Marion, Maggie Valley and Franklin. So far we liked Franklin the best. But for us, anywhere DH can trout fish. It's his new hobby since he retired. We have talked about staying a month in Franklin next year. The people were a little older than us, but there were activities at the CG and the folks were just so friendly.
What part of Tn are you in. We went 40 and enjoyed the ride through Tn alot.
In Sept. we went to the National Rally in Va and had a blast. Met so many nice people and are camping with some we met there and some we met on IRV2 in a couple of weeks. There is a posability that the Rally will be held in Marion, NC next year. Hope you can plan on coming and hope we can get together sometime.
__________________
Brenda and Frank, FTers, Zebulon, NC
Raisin our mixed hound and BooBoo our cat.
2004 Itasca Suncruiser
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:11 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
36Dutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsirby View Post
We have camped in Marion, Maggie Valley and Franklin. So far we liked Franklin the best. But for us, anywhere DH can trout fish. It's his new hobby since he retired. We have talked about staying a month in Franklin next year. The people were a little older than us, but there were activities at the CG and the folks were just so friendly.
What part of Tn are you in. We went 40 and enjoyed the ride through Tn alot.
In Sept. we went to the National Rally in Va and had a blast. Met so many nice people and are camping with some we met there and some we met on IRV2 in a couple of weeks. There is a posability that the Rally will be held in Marion, NC next year. Hope you can plan on coming and hope we can get together sometime.
We live close to Chattanooga, a little spot in the road called McDonald. Not even a stoplight in our town. The biggest thing happening in our town, I stop traffic when I back the 5th wheel in the driveway. Are you biker's?
__________________
36Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:35 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
bsirby's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by 36Dutchman View Post
We live close to Chattanooga, a little spot in the road called McDonald. Not even a stoplight in our town. The biggest thing happening in our town, I stop traffic when I back the 5th wheel in the driveway. Are you biker's?
No, I am terrified by motorcycles. Frank wants to get one with a sidecar, but I can't back seat drive in one of those. I still slam the brakes on the passenger side and hold on for dear life when needed in the car and RV tho.
__________________

__________________
Brenda and Frank, FTers, Zebulon, NC
Raisin our mixed hound and BooBoo our cat.
2004 Itasca Suncruiser
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rving



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll: Full time RVing Vs. Part time RVing Wanabee FTer iRV2.com General Discussion 22 07-31-2011 10:55 AM
My experience, RVing full & part time & weekends, w/costs & other problems DougCP iRV2.com General Discussion 2 07-11-2011 09:30 AM
New to This Group - Old to RVing kelliepoodle New Member Check-In 6 09-22-2010 07:56 PM
What got you started into RVing and kept you here. Dogman635UT iRV2.com General Discussion 37 07-19-2009 10:36 PM
RVing Outpost Marks First Anniversary DriVer New Member Check-In 6 07-16-2006 01:11 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.