Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
Tiffin Owners Club
New to RVing

Well I bought a used rather nice 86 Allegro and now I have all sorts of questions and thoughts on what should I do, what can I do, what can I afford to do?
So plan on me lurking and asking lots of questions.
I am really liking this home, and looking forward to getting it out on the open road.

Lost-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congrats on your purchase. There is a lot of vintage RV owners here. I'm sure they will be helpful. Best of luck and happy travels.

2010 Coachmen Freelander 30QB E450 V10
Have Kids Will Travel
Aguyfromcalg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Howdy and welcome! Congrats on the Allegro.
Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Hello and welcome! I am sure you will find tons of helpful threads and people here. Enjoy your new RV, happy trips!
Colleen & Hunter
Ret. AF & RVM77
45' 2001 Monaco Signature
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:34 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome to the group. The only thing to remember is everything takes time. Working on your own unit is fun and the things learned will last a lifetime. Use it, enjoy it, and take your time fixing what you would like to change. Ask questions if you get in a bind. Good luck.
Bruce & Nancy
FMCA F280542
2004 Bounder 35E
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi and
US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Hi Lost-one, welcome to IRV2. There are a lot of folks on the Vintage forum, further down the page. We all love before and after pictures by the way. Safe travels.
Brenda and Frank, FTers, Zebulon, NC
Raisin our mixed hound and our cat BooBoo.
2004 37' Holiday Rambler Vacationer
bsirby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #8
National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Hello and welcome to iRV2.
2014 Gulf Stream Conquest Lite Model 218MB
2013 Chevy Traverse LT
ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #9
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome aboard Lost-one. Glad you joined us and I'm sure you'll find all the info you need in working on that Allegro. Congrats on that purchase by the way and hope you really enjoy it. Have a great rving season, be safe and Happy Motoring!!!
Steve & Sally / HiTee & Hudson Our Little Poms / Heidi & Houston Forever in our Hearts
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22 / 05 PT Vert
Michigan (Summer) Florida (Winter)
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #10
Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Bought a 85 winnebego chieftian and loving it. Just got home from our maiden voyage to the oregon coast and everything went great. All systems worked fine. I just forgot to open the grey tank valve when I hooked up to the rv site. Then the second nite wife wanted to take a shower and said, why is there standing water in the shower stall? Sheesh......so I went out and opened the grey tank valve and a big swoosh and a couple of minutes later it was all gone. Cleaned it with clorox and wife got about her business. Guess I won't do that again. Added that to my precheck list. At least that wasn't a costly mistake. Hope you enjoy your vintage rv as much as we are ours. Love to see pics of it.
"It is what it is...forward ho!

20016 - Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite - 26BXS travel trailer
Gary G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #11
Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I haven't really been taking many pictures. Plus I can't remember the password to my Photobucket and I can't remember the password for the email address the reset would go to. So I can't really show the few I have to you at this time. I should take more, but I am trying to get as much started so I can find all the stuff that might be wrong before I head out. Right now I have a ton of tools to work with. Later that will not be possible.
So far this looks to be a great home. Had some leaks but only one spot of major floor damage. Unfortunately it is right under the kitchen counter. So this is going to be interesting. I am reading up on why my front furnace will not start up. Also the hot water heater will not start up, but I think a good cleaning will take care of that.
It has less than 34,000 miles on it.
The biggest thing that made it really look great was give it a bath. It looked like a whole new home when I was done.

Lost-one is offline   Reply With Quote