Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2019, 03:20 PM   #1

New to RV'ing in Southern Colorado

Hello everyone!

I'm a long time tent camper who is new to the RV world. I have two young boys and a wife who I was looking to make more comfortable while camping. I was looking at small bumper-pull travel trailers to get them further off the ground and keep them a little warmer when, through a co-worker, I was instead offered a 1997 Rexhall Rexair at a price I could not pass up. A flight to LA and a drive home in the RV later, I now have a class A motorhome. It happened quickly so I'm now trying to play catch up to learn all I can about the rig and and get us ready for fun in the spring. Our options on what we can do have sure opened up.

In the month I've had the rig, I've got it all cleaned out and had it checked out by the local RV repair shop. It's in good shape with good rubber and I now have it filled with propane and have tested the furnace out. Testing on the water system will have to wait until spring.

I will begin to comb through all the new information available to me on this site but if anyone has information on a 1997 Rexhall Rexair AW3537, feel free to start passing it my way.

Also, if anyone has experience traveling with kids in carseats, I'd love to hear from you.

I look forward to sharing the experience with all of you!

zenitrama
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	505.8 KB
ID:	233480  
zenitrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2019, 04:39 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 08:05 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome to the forum and congrats on a good looking coach.

You are joining a good group of folks here with good info to share. The learning curve is long but thankfully only steep in the beginning.

Enjoy the adventure!
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 08:15 PM   #4

You will be amazed at the luxury involved in camping in an RV. I know I was blown away on our first trip. 100% cotton sheets, warm furnace, bathroom just steps away. Toasted bagel with cream cheese in the morning. It wasn't like camping at all. It was like staying in a luxury hotel room out in the national forest. :-)

Colorado is a great place to have an RV. There are so many places to go.
micd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 06:15 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome and congratulations.We too are in our first Class A after tent camping and a TT.Take advantage of the forum for any questions you may have about your new rig.
gvette85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
colorado, rving