Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2019, 06:24 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Question New to RVing with a 2007 Winnebago Vectra requiring some work and lots of questions

We just bought a 2007 Vectra 40TD. Have some issues with things happening that we have no idea. like the left blinker blinks quickly (all the bulbs are good and the blinker works) but the arrow keeps flashing on the dashboard. , Then it just goes solid green .
Any ideas?
JudieandRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2019, 06:49 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
put your 4 way flashers on and check the lights. I found that I had 2 lights on each turn signal and one was shorted out.

If that doesn't solve it check your 7 way plug by your receiver. You may have a wire broken or shorted out.

Hope this helps - others may have more to offer.

Richard
Old 09-15-2019, 09:30 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome to the forum.

You are joining a good group of folks here with good info to share. Sorry I can't help with the problem but others will be along.

Good luck and enjoy the adventure!
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:06 PM   #4

If one side stops flashing try lifting the level up while someone checks outside. if this cause it to start flashing the switch is bad. If it doesn't the switch might still be bad. Your's is about the same vintage as mine was when it quite. The whole system is one unit in the steering column that the arm is attached to. I posted a thread a couple years back here and under the fright liner section on replacing it. It's a very simple job.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f26/no-ri...ed-370373.html

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/no-r...al-366469.html
Old 09-16-2019, 03:28 PM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:53 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
well we went out and put on the four way flashers. everything worked, but then we saw that the whole headlight unit on the drivers side does not work. the head light, the parking lights, and the whole head light unit looks like it is out of place as I can put my hand in it above and below the unit (on the passenger side I can put my hand through the top. Also the little trucker blinker lights don't work either (they did last week when I drove it home for the first time). so something must have happened to the light system yesterday.
JudieandRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 10:26 PM   #7

If you blinker lights are blinking quickly, that happened to us once when we changed the turn signal bulbs (in the rear cap by the engine) to an LED style. So we went back to using the standard bulb type.

You might also check your emergency flasher switch and control. This overrides your L & R Blinkers and therefore could be the source of your problem. The "solid green" comment you made reminded me of this problem.

Also our emergency flasher will go "solid green" if our Air brake is not set... or maybe when we are not in Park. I can't remember.

FYI, I think the emergency flasher is located in the electrical compartment in front of your driver-side front tire. You need to open the metal door above your reset-able fuses if you hope to find it. I also think you might find this flasher will start to work properly if you clean the electrical contacts to the flasher. We did... and the flasher started working "better".

=== Other Subject ===

Behind the metal door is where you will find your Keyless Entry System (KES)... and I'm mentioning this, because I'm guessing you FOB does not work? (Like 90% of the Winnebago RVs out there with SCS-Frigette KES.

...Now I'm guessing that you priority to get your FOB working again is not on your "to-do" list, but when it is you can fix that for less than $30. Here's how:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/scs-...ls-451241.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190617_203349.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	268109  
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 04:00 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Our similar issue was a bad ground.

We pulled the chassis battery cables, cleaned them and put them back. Problem solved.
Blog: bailey18.com
AllanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 10:41 PM   #9

AllanK: Where do you think the bad connection was at... exactly? Do you have any pictures if you think this will be helpful?
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 04:38 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnprsd View Post
AllanK: Where do you think the bad connection was at... exactly? Do you have any pictures if you think this will be helpful?
Sorry, I don't have any pictures. Cleaning the ground terminals on the chassis batteries and re-connecting the cables fixed our signal issues.
Blog: bailey18.com
AllanK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago, rving