Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #1

Smile New to the forum from Mooresville, NC

Hello to all. I have already reaped some of the rewards of this site from information gleaned from searching. Have just today purchased a 2006 Fleetwood Expedition 38n. We are not new to camping having owned a class C and most recently a Weekend Warrior tag a long travel trailer but are new to the class A DP. We pick the unit up tomorrow and I am sure to have many questions from some of the gurus on this site. Monica and I are Baby Boomers in our fifties. I have been in the real estate business for many years as an appraiser, broker, and jack of trades (master of none as my Dad used to say). Monica sells mostly vintage stuff, furniture, paintings and is currently mostly doing French and Italian things. She sells on Ebay and does some shows, most lately in Atlanta, Ga. We have plans to possibly take in the rally in Virginia in late September after we get the, new to us, rig sorted out. I am currently in search of manuals as they are missing from the original owners. Look forward to meeting many of you in our travels.
Jim and Monica Johnson

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2011, 06:18 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome Jim and Monica. Glad you found us. Great people here that always willing to help. Make sure you ask questions if needed and be sure to contribute when possible. Enjoy, be safe and Happy Motoring!!

Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:22 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome and glad you joined us!
As Steve said,,, a lot of great people here and answers for any questions or problems you may have.
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Hi,and welcome from Statesville.You have found what I think is the best site for RVers on the Web.It has saved my bacon several times.It don't look like I will be able to make the Nationals,but I can tell you these are the best bunch I have ever camped with.Hope to see you down the road--- --Till Then---Warm Fires--Cold Drinks---Bill & Juanita
Old 08-17-2011, 07:01 PM   #5

Welcome, we love Race City USA next time we go to Lancasters BBQ will have to meet up with you
Old 08-17-2011, 08:10 PM   #6

Thanks for the welcome. Yes we like Lancasters both locations in Mooresville. Let us know the next time you are heading there we would love to meet up.
Jim
Old 08-18-2011, 08:04 AM   #7

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Hi Jim & Monica and welcome from High Point, NC. We are totally new to camping and just purchased a 2012 Thor Chateau 31A Motor Coach. Knowing absolutely nothing we are VERY thankful to have found this site. With you being from the area maybe you can advise us of some nice campgrounds for weekend trips. We camped last weekend at Mayberry Campground---- was pleased and will return there again. Again, welcome and hopefully we will meet up with you in the future.

Skip & Pat
Old 08-18-2011, 08:09 AM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Jim & Monica! Glad you decided to join us! Happy trails

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #9

Thanks to all who have responded. If you are ever around Mooresville, NC I-40 and I-77 are close by to us hollar and maybe we can share an adult beverage or a meal. Skip and Pat did you see Aunt Bee and Andy when you were in Mayberry? (Just kidding) Monica and I have limited times in Camp grounds as we do Boon Dock or Dry Camp quite a bit. We have stayed at Pirateland at Myrtle Beach a couple of times. If you have kids it is pretty cool. On the way down i-95 right off the interstate at Smithfield NC there is RVacation. Very nice especially as a layover on the way to Florida or back up north. Congrats on the Thor.
Take care everyone
Jim and Monica Johnson
Old 08-19-2011, 06:40 PM   #10

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Ate at Snappy's Lunch (famous pork chop)----Did see "Otis" staggering around the town I have heard a few other people say that Pirateland was a good place at Myrtle Beach--Also thanks for the info about the place on I-95 I'm sure we will be making some trips to FL since we have a daughter there. Have you heard any reviews on Lake Myers Campgournd in Mocksville? Our dream trip (which we probably won't be able to take for a couple years) is to go across country. Take the northern route out and the southern route back. Hopefully we will be able to accomplish that someday! Maybe in the future we will meet up with you and Monica.

Skip & Pat

Tags
forum