Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2014, 05:39 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Go for it. God Bless and good luck. I commend you both for not succumbing to illness, but striving to continue living life to the fullest possible!

Cheers!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2014, 06:55 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome to the forums and good luck...

Chiefbvfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:31 AM   #17
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I agree that renting first to find out if it will work for you is a good idea. As far as sleeping on the road that depends. In a hard riding RV no way. In a coach with air ride suspension maybe. But they are rarely available to rent.

The change of routine may very well be a benefit to her and you. The trigger mechanism for migraines vary from person to person. What ever the decision I'm sure you will both enjoy the experiences.

Good luck and Happy Trails!!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:44 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Agree with the renting aspect of trying the lifestyle.

IMO a class A should be considered as the ride may be better if your wife is going to rest while travelling. Many of the models feature the bed over the axle.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:06 AM   #19
Community Moderator

Renting the luxury class A coach is costly.....but be aware it will give you the best experience. The softest air cushion ride, the quietest in the cockpit (because engine is 40 feet behind you). The most luxurious furniture and decorations.

Go to a big RV dealer and spend some time going inside lots of RVs and imagining yourself actually living in there....lie down on the couch. Turn on the TV. See how easy it is to move around.

If you decide the you want to go for the luxury.... Here is one rental comparison.

Rental Rates Details: Weekly Rental: $7500
Reservation Deposit: Half of the total is due for reservation Security Deposit: Minimum $2500.00 (Pets may be an additional charge) *Typically refunded within 10 business days after coach is returned, assuming no damage.
Insurance Fee: Binder furnished from your insurance company or additional charges will be applied.
Mileage Charge: $.99 per mile in excess of 100 miles per night rented.
Generator Charge: 5 hours per day free. $3 per hour of use thereafter.
Cleaning Charge: $295 usual, additional charges may apply if additional cleaning is necessary.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1410185143.524632.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	304.2 KB
ID:	73326
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:28 AM   #20

How did a 15 month old post get re-activated.

Don't see any input from the OP.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:13 AM   #21
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post

Oops....I didn't realize either....
Old 09-08-2014, 11:13 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post

LOL.....I think the OP bought a 40 foot coach about 6 months ago.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:53 AM   #23

Thor Owners Club
He hasn't posted for a while...wonder how it worked for him and his wife.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:24 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
To those with the medical issues. I was in an accident over 2 years ago and almost broke my neck. Metal plate, four screws, and donor bone later and 4 facet nerve damage and I would have preferred to die in the accident than suffer the pain.

Rhyzotomies and surgery and acupuncture and massage and thought it would never get better. Got an incline bench and had 8 big pops down my spine and pain ALL WENT AWAY! Without this bench I think I would not be walking now. We purchased a Teeters Up off the net and use it whenever the pain starts to return. Headaches gone, backaches gone, no more narcotics needed. Best purchase I ever made.

Don't know if it would help with the migraines, but worth a try to get rid of the nasty things. If she cannot ride in bouncy back bed, try covering her eyes with a dark cloth or eye mask and recline on couch.

Good luck
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:31 PM   #25

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We're Still Here! And Yep I am Crazy!

Hi Folks!
Not sure how I missed these recent replies but thank you for responding! I’d also like to thank everyone for their thoughtful and caring responses when I originally posted my question.It has been a wild and crazy “ride” since then.
It will be a year ago this month that we purchased a beautiful 40’ 2005 Coachmen Sportscoach Elite motor home. I was showing my girl a very nice class C when she said that she would like to have a unit with a washer and dryer in it. So I thought what the heck, let’s take a look at a class A DP. So, a couple of mouse clicks later and we fell in love with everything about this one. About a week later we were flying into Memphis, after a two hour car ride we arrived at the dealer. A couple of hours later, after my head overflowed from all the pertinent information, we were on our way to see the kids and grandkids in Lexington, KY.
Since that time we’ve had a couple of trips and have added 5,000mi. to the original 13,500mi that was on it when we purchased it. PJ has been able to ride up front with me a few times but most of the time she’s been in bed in the back. Some roads are better than others for her migraines being back there.
The bottom line for us is that we love it and want to get out more. It sure beats staying cooped up in the cave at home!!
One of the things I need to get next is a telephone handset receiver type of intercom system. The cell phone and walkie talkies are a little challenging for her at times and the baby monitor/camera kinda creeps her out.
So what are we going to do next you ask? We’re going to bring the pups along!! The past few trips we left them at a wonderful kennel that we know and love but we sure missed them. So next time I’ll be REALLY busy!
Thank you all again, for all your thoughtful comments. This forum has been such a wonderful resource for this first timer!
Dan, PJ and the Pups!
DanandPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:14 PM   #26

Great to hear back from you. Glad you got a Class A also. My wife also has to ride in the back quite a bit. We bought a Class C first and it was impossible to ride on the back bed as it bounced too much. With all her aches and pains, she would still like to be on the road more then laying in bed at home. Hope your wife feels the same. Happy camping!
Old 09-12-2014, 05:07 AM   #27
Community Moderator

Quote:
One of the things I need to get next is a telephone handset receiver type of intercom system. The cell phone and walkie talkies are a little challenging for her at times and the baby monitor/camera kinda creeps her out.

This might do well....

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1410520026.133944.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	337.6 KB
ID:	73639
Old 09-12-2014, 06:03 PM   #28

Welcome to the irv2 gang....a great gang! You can tell by all of the responses you have received. It seems that the "rent to try" group wins hands down.

Personally, I agree, too, that your first try should be without the pets. That's hard for me to say because we have never left our two Westies at a boarder. But if I were in your shoes, I'd give this every chance to work....for both of you. From what you and several others have described, you probably need that "new lease on life."

We just started back camping in an RV (motorhome) this year. There seems to be a "release" from routine, stress and commitments for us that occurs with every trip...even the short ones. Good luck and God bless you both!