Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-21-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
Texas Boomers Club
Smile New to This Group - Old to RVing

We have quite a history of RVing beginning in the 70's with a home-converted school bus alá Partridge Family. Next one was a 1974 Mini Winnie. Kept that one until 1990 when we got a 3/4 ton Ford pickup and a lovely Sunline slide-in camper. Traded the truck and camper in '95 for our first full-timing fifth wheel, a King of the Road Crown Marquis filled with bells and whistles and pulled by an F350 Diesel dually. Sold the house in 1996. After 4 years on the road, we traded the KOTR for a 40' Newmar Kountry Aire fiver with lots of custom stuff and bought a Freightliner RV hauler to tow it.

Another 5 years on the road and I needed a house. We bought in the Lower Rio Grande Valley, Texas where we had wintered and fallen in love with the area. Bought the house in March 05, wrecked the truck and trailer in a hydroplane in April and thankfully had a place to come home to.

Bought a 37' gas powered Allegro Bay with the insurance and a Honda Civic. Love the Honda. It's still #1 car. Hated the motorhome. Sold it after 2 years and have been doing some overseas travel and cruises.

Missed RVing. After a search that has taken about a year, we have just purchased a 2011 Coachman Freelander 21QB. It's 23' on a Chevy chassis and it's just what we had been searching for and at a price that was better than a lot of used stuff out there.

I have to be very honest and say that in a previous life, I would not have bothered to look at Coachman, but we did go and see this unit and we were amazed by the fit and finish for the price. Storage is unbelievable! Floor plan is perfect for our needs.

When we were full timers, I wrote for several RV and travel periodicals as well as having published a quarterly newsletter for 11 years about full timing and travel. I also had a little book (that is no longer in print) published about keeping house in an RV. I lectured at major RV rallies, too.

I am looking forward to learning what's new in RVing these days and hopefully I can help others with the knowledge I've accumulated over the years. Though I can't comment on individual RV parks, we have traveled by RV in 49 states and every Canadian province plus the Yukon Territory.

Thanks for your time. I hope iRV2 can be a good place to share RV information.

Way-the-heck-south Texas
2011 Coachman Freelander 21QB
kelliepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome to irv2.com!!

Landcruisers for life
2 adults, 2 kids (tweens) and 2 dogs
2004 Fltwd Southwind 32V from 2000 Tioga 26F
Purplefans & Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:14 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club

We are glad you joined us. We have a great group here who like to help when they can do don't be afraid to ask questions. Post often and share your RV adventures with us.

Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:34 AM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome aboard reads like your resume will be a great addition to our forum. Keep us posted and chip in with your experience and knowledge. Happy RV-ing.
1995 Winnebago Vectra 454 Chevy
1999 Volvo C70 Convertible following on Dolly
2010 Yorkie--Sir Lenny Thomas - Riding Shotgun
Hammer Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
OK, I'd love to see photos of the 'Partridge' bus.
Jay & Peggy Monroe with Dolly
Can't take it with you - don't plan on leaving any behind
2016 Newmar London Aire 4553, Spartan chassis
Wrangler Unlimited toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #6
Texas Boomers Club
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
OK, I'd love to see photos of the 'Partridge' bus.
Sorry, no pictures. It was so very long ago.
Way-the-heck-south Texas
2011 Coachman Freelander 21QB
kelliepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #7
Welcome to the fourm from another Coachmen owner. We look forward to your posts. Keep them comming.

2014 Wildwood 27RKSS 2004 Nissan Titan Pilot Steve
Co-Pilot Marlene Furry Four Leg children: Fancy Lab/Chow, LB Little Bit, Maltese, Rocky, Border Terrier
StStg1 is offline   Reply With Quote