RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2018, 12:10 PM   #1

Newbees

My name is Amy, my husband is Curt. I have been retired since 2015, my husband retired in 2017. We had not been even thinking of getting an RV. My husband has never cared much for camping but Ive always loved it. I thought it would be great to see the country in a RV. By word of mouth we heard that a local farm family were going to sell their motor home due to a death in the family. Well, Curt mentioned it to me and I said, Are you interested? He said no. I said, Then why did you mention it to me? Long story short we bought it. 😊 Neither of us are very knowledgeable about RVs. We bought a 2011 Sportscoach Cross Country 40 ft, diesel pusher. Now Curt is trying to figure out if we can tow my 2015 Ford Explorer 😁
I am glad to be able to join your group. Im sure we are going to need tons of advice 😊

Veryzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2018, 12:21 PM   #2

Welcome to the IRV2 community, Amy and Curt! You'll find lots of good advice & experience here and get to meet some of the resident curmudgeons, too.

There is a separate forum for towing ("toad" is a homophone for "towed") of auxiliary vehicles. Some quick take-aways: tow bar *level* between towing vehicle hitch and towed vehicle attachment point; you may need to include a "charge wire" to the toad if you flat tow a vehicle that needs to have the key in the 'on' or 'accessory' position; towing a vehicle you can't see in your mirrors will take some will power and intestinal fortitude until you get experience; almost every vehicle to be towed will likely have its own, specific instructions to minimize the likelihood of damage, run down battery, or collision situation ("accidents").

You might want to go back to your profile page and edit your signature line to include the make, model and year of your coach as it will help you get more appropriate answers, sooner.

Have safe travels and much fun!

-Solo

Old 08-19-2018, 12:55 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome and congrats on the new coach and lifestyle change.
There are lots of good folks here with good info to share. Read the various threads and ask questions as they come up.
Here is a link to the tread that single guy was talking about:
Toads and Motorhome Related Towing - iRV2 Forums
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 01:13 PM   #4

User Id

Can I change my user id? I had trouble picking an id that the system would allow when I registered.

Thanks,
Amy
Old 08-19-2018, 01:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veryzer View Post
Can I change my user id? I had trouble picking an id that the system would allow when I registered.

Thanks,
Amy

I'm not sure how this forum software works but on most the user cannot change the username/ID; you'd need to re-register with a new name.

That said, use the little triangle with the I inside it (to the left of your post, under the username and avatar space, to "report to moderator" and in the pop up window that asks why you're reporting, inquire if the moderator can change your user name/ID for you.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:28 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Amy & Curt ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 02:32 PM   #7

Quote:

Thanks,
Amy

Hi Amy-

I saw your followup. I don't think a user can change the screen name (user ID) but I haven't tried so can't say for sure. If you really can't live with Veryzer you can just re-register with a new name.

MOST of the forum things you can change, modify or customize can be found here:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/usercp.php

That's your User Control Panel. Look at the column down the left side and you'll find "Edit profile" and "Edit Signature."

The Signature is text that is automatically appended at the end of every post you make. It's limited to 3 lines of text so don't write a book! In mine, I put the year, make and model of my RV and a quote I like. It's your signature, do what speaks of you!

Again, welcome to IRV2 and good luck with all your future endeavors.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:35 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to the forum.
Please use the contact us link found at the bottom of every page to request a username change.
Cliff

Quote:

Thanks,

Amy

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote