Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
Newbie from Georgia

Hello fellow members.Im in need of help with slide out rooms on a 1997 damon challenger 5th wheel camper.It has 3 rooms that slide out.I have a switch for the two big slides as you walk in the door.For some odd reason they placed the swith just above the lite switch.Needless to say it gets pushed offtain when while hunting the lite switch in the dark.Well the last time it was hit the rooms came in a little, and the switch wont work on out.However it still works to bring them in.I know theres a way to do let them in by by hand, but what i dont know is if you can extend them by hand,the tag on the pump does not say.can anyone help me with this? Thank you all for your time!

larry1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
Howdy and welcome aboard. Glad you joined us and hope you enjoy the site.

However I cannot help you with your switch problem.

My website describes the conversion of my Dodge B-250 van into a small RV. I deal with a lot of woodworking, but hope to be quite specific on solar as well.
cargovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Hi Larry, welcome to IRV2. I am sure you will get the answers to your questions soon. Safe travels.
Brenda and Frank, FTers, Zebulon, NC
Raisin our mixed hound and our cat BooBoo.
2004 37' Holiday Rambler Vacationer
bsirby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #4
Hello Larry,and welcome.My big slide has blown out three motors and I have had to put it in and out by hand a few times.My understanding is they have hydraulic slides and electric.I don,t know hydraulic but for my slide they have a place to put a ratchet on with a 3/4 size socket it has a slip disconnect by the motor another bolt end that moves the disconnect.Once you slide the disvconnect from the motor you crank out the slide and crank it back in with a ratchet.You must slide the disconnect back to reconnect the motor or your slide will move out on its own when going down the hway after cranking it in.If you just want to crank it out then use the motor to bring it back in,I would suggest fix the switch and it will be easier and you would probably do it after a few times cranking it in and out by hand.Good luck.jeffp,fiver owner with a diesel puller.
jeffp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #5
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Originally Posted by larry1962 View Post
...the rooms came in a little, and the switch wont work on out
Just a shot in the dark: You said they came in "a little", and won't go back out. If you bring them in all the way, will they go back out? I have heard at least once of a slide room that would not reverse directions in the middle. So if you started to bring it in, you had to bring it all the way in before it would go back out. Just a stab, hope you get it sorted.
2002 National Dolphin LX 6356
Workhorse W-22 chassis
Don't believe everything you think.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to you, I hope you get this all fixed; I do know you have lots of people here that will try to help you.
Colleen & Hunter
Ret. AF & RVM77
45' 2001 Monaco Signature
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
Larry, Welcome to the forum. I am with Ramblin on this one. Try bringing it in all the way, and then try back out. Let us know what you find...

John, Deb; & our dog, Benji, Forever in our hearts.
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS V-10
2011 Jeep Liberty Jet & 2014 Jeep Wrangler
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote