Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-09-2010, 05:25 PM   #1
Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Newbie from Southern Ontario

Hello all,
Just discovered this website and group from a post on All About RVing. Can always use more tips and hints so I decided to join.
A little on me. I am married to my wonderful DH David (Dave) and we live in a RV park in Southern Ontario near Ingersoll and London, Ontario. We have been here for going on our 5th year now. We have traveled south as snow birds for 3 years. We are semi retired. We have a few years to go to be fully retired. Just not quite ready for that. As we found out when we go south there is a definite difference in our tastes to the ones already retired. We do join in but it is difficult at times.

We have two grown daughters both of which are happily married. Two granddaughters from our youngest daughter. They are the light of our lives. We miss them terribly when we are gone south but thank goodness for MSN, Skype and laptops! LOL
We have no pets to travel with so we have no worries there and that is how we like it. We have had so many animals over the years and feel that it is not fair to make them live life in a confined space. I also have allergies big time to cats and dogs so it is also easier not living on histamines all the time.
We are full time living in our 5er and do love travel. Enjoying seeing our own country and also the US and the big state of Texas so far. We have made many friends along the way...that is positively the best part.
So that is pretty much all there is besides my hobbies, knitting, decorative painting, cross stitch, reading and my grand kids. DH loves fishing and golfing in his time away.

Glad to be here! I hope to get some great info here.

2006 39' FR Daydreamer 2008 F350 CrewCab
loving living along life's highway..making friends along the way!

ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Chris and Dave, welcome to iRV2. We loved in Thornhill, Ontario for 2 years, 1976 and 1977. It was too cold for this SE, Texas boy and we are back to the warmer weather for good.

Next time y'all head south, be sure and see what the Texas Boomers are doing. Love to have y'all stop in for a visit.

Let us hear about some of your adventures.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 06:23 PM   #3
Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello and thanks for the welcome Ken. Lucky you to live back in TX. I could have stayed longer but can't break the rules. We were down for the full 6 months this time round. We go down to the valley mostly for the warmth although there wasn't much this past winter. Came back to damp and cool weather here at home. We are not much for adventures really but did take some back roads in mid state Hill Country this time and found some lovely areas while out touring. Also went to Luckenbach with friends and Bandera too. Found a cool fence with cowboy boots on the top all along. That was so fun. I think the farm name on the barn was "Boot Hill"! LOL Sure had some fun times in the valley at Country Sunshine in Weslaco.
Made some great friends too.
Would love to drop in if we get there once more. Although I think we may adventure on to Arizona for a bit next winter and then back over to Texas again.
2006 39' FR Daydreamer 2008 F350 CrewCab
loving living along life's highway..making friends along the way!

ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote