Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2009, 09:39 PM   #1

Newbie on this Forum

I am posting from my Blackberry phone in Washington State.
My husband has been here for a while but can only log on when he has wi-fi however I can log on any time I have cell phone coverage so I can keep up things. I hope to find lots of interesting information here.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2009, 10:00 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome, any relationship to Aunt Bea? Got to get me one of those Blackbery type phones! Hope you are having a great day!

Old 09-04-2009, 10:50 PM   #3
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thumbs up Welcome neighbour

Welcome to this site here... Those BB's are just super. Will have to get us one too, once we are on the road as FTers. just a few more month, 7!!!

Again welcome
TW
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:22 AM   #4

RVing with a Blackberry smartphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Stewart View Post
Welcome, any relationship to Aunt Bea? Got to get me one of those Blackbery type phones! Hope you are having a great day!
Yes it is nice to be able to check email and websites while on the road with my BB smartphone, but some of the websites are a little hard to get around with the small screen but I wouldn't give it up.

Actually, I am Aunt Bea.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:53 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Aunt Bea & All:

WELCOME to the iRV2 gang. Nice to have you aboard. Wife and I have been full timing since 05 and are really enjoying it. (No house anymore and no "stuff.")

So, where ya from in Washington? We've been through the Cascades, Levenworth and spent time on the Olympic Peninsula and sure enjoyed it all. Again.....WELCOME.

Re: Blackberry Phone....does that actually access the internet much like our laptop?? As an OLD guy, I don't know much about this new technology and was wondering. Do you enter msgs. as text using the little keyboard? Guess I'd have to relearn how to type w. my thumbs like the kids do.....don't know if my BIG thumbs would work . Steve & Lynette
Old 09-08-2009, 07:00 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Aunt Bea,

Glad you found iRV2. Now you be sure to keep Opie and Andy in line.

Ken
Old 09-09-2009, 01:09 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickadee View Post
Aunt Bea & All:

WELCOME to the iRV2 gang. Nice to have you aboard. Wife and I have been full timing since 05 and are really enjoying it. (No house anymore and no "stuff.")

So, where ya from in Washington? We've been through the Cascades, Levenworth and spent time on the Olympic Peninsula and sure enjoyed it all. Again.....WELCOME.

Re: Blackberry Phone....does that actually access the internet much like our laptop?? As an OLD guy, I don't know much about this new technology and was wondering. Do you enter msgs. as text using the little keyboard? Guess I'd have to relearn how to type w. my thumbs like the kids do.....don't know if my BIG thumbs would work . Steve & Lynette
We are not from Washington, we are just visiting Washington.
We are currently in the Northern part of the state and found a nice RV park in Anacortes. We thought it was perfect until the jets started flying overhead. The jets have continued all night so far and this does not make me very happy. Not to mention that my dog is scared of jet noise as well as thunder and fireworks.
Is there any perfect RV park in Washington state?

As for my BB. I love it, however my husband does not because he says I am on it all the time.
I am able to check the internet on it and most pages load without a problem, but if it doesn't it will load with text.
I use it to check my email, get my Facebook and MySpace updates as well as get and send text message and picture mail.
I also read my bible on it because when we are traveling, I don't always get to go to church.
I would highly recommend a BlackBerry Smartphone with the Verizon network.
The model I have is the Blackberry Curve so it has a full keyboard which I really like. It also has a thumb-ball mouse much like you would see on a labtop and that is how you get around on BB.
Hope this help you in making a decision on getting it or not.
Wow, does this sound like I work of BB or Verizon? Well, I don't I just like my phone and provider.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:54 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hello, We are new, Ed & Sandra, so not sure if this should be a new thread?
We have been living on our boat at LA Hbr CA, for the last five years, with trips
along the coast and to the Channel Is., and much entertaining of grandchildren
at Catalina Is.. We are looking forward to spending time RVing with our newly
acquired motorhome, and are studying like crazy, seems like we have much to
learn!!
Do many/most/some/few individuals with 36' or larger RVs have engine exhaust
brakes installed?? And is there any consensus concerning mfg. preference??
I understand that Saturn is a popular dinghy. Any opinions on this?? Ed
Old 09-10-2009, 08:22 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Ed (1stringer): Welcome to the iRV2 gang. Ya know, I'd certainly include engine/exhaust or similar braking as a feature on such a motorhome (MH). We've traveled quite a bit with our MH and such braking is VERY desireable. As to which brand, I'll let others make those suggestions.

So, are ya keeping your boat, or switching to full time RV'ing?? When planning our retirement, we too thought of a full time life aboard a motorsailer, but, we elected to roam in an RV instead, and I'm pretty convinced it's provided a broader range of alternatives than living aboard a boat might have.

Well, let us all know how things proceed for you and don't be afraid to ask questions here. There's alot of folks here with great info.

Hope to meet ya down the road somewhere...and again, WELCOME.

Steve & Lynette
Old 09-10-2009, 08:27 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
OH...Ed (1stringer): Ya might want to re-post your above posting and make it a "New Post." You'll likely receive more responses than by burying your introductory msg. at the bottom of someone elses post thread. Steve
Old 09-11-2009, 09:00 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Steve & Lynette,
Thank you for your response. Have best days! Ed

Tags
blackberry, newbie