Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-24-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
newby joins in

HI all
Just joined in on the club, Ive been r ving for 5 years now in the Uk France & Spain, I live in the uk so well used to dealing with narrow roads and big vehicles, in Fact living in the far south west of England doesnt get any tighter.
Looking forward to reading some of the comments and offering any assistance i can this side of the pond.

martynsander is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2011, 12:05 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome and cheers. I'm sure others would like to hear about rv'ing over there. I know I would. So if you are so inclined, start a thread and post away.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:17 PM   #3
Hi Guys
Thanks for the welcome. Ive got to get my head around how this works.
Ive a Four Winds Windsport 35 with a V 10 and Gas conversion, over here thats a good thing. I'll start a thread and join the fun
Chrissy, Mart and a westie called Wallace and a scottie aptly named Scott both 14
Old 11-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi and welcome to the forum.
US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:26 PM   #5
Thanks for the welcome ! my ventures into the states have been Florida and Boston, unfortunately no where else, Have a good friend thats just moved over to akansas to live, sends photos back frequently.
Its easier for us to get into Europe from Here, you dont get too many big RV's in France.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:08 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Martyn, and welcome to IRV2! We're glad you joined us! Have fun & God bless on this Thanksgiving Day!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #7
HI Both
Gosh i forgot it was thanksgiving Day, i hope its been a good day for you both. Having an American RV and Mother ! its nice to make contact with folks that know how to get the best from them.
Our next big event is obviously Christmas and its getting closer by the day.
This year is our first christmas as Granparents so its even more special
Chrissy & Martyn Sanders
Old 11-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #8
Welcome Martyn & Chrissy,

We're ex-pat Brits living in Washington State, originally from Lansashire (Leyland). My brother lives in Plymouth, used to work for Westward TV, currently has a pub in the Barbican.

We're down for the winter now, though our climate here isn't too bad. You soon realise why Washington is the "Evergreen State" - its because the moss never dies off!

I'm not sure I'd want to run a 35-footer over there, particularly driving on the sidewalk side.

Hope to hear more stries of your travels.
Frank Damp -Anacortes, WA,(DW- Eileen)
ex-pat Brits (1968) and now ex-RVers, as of 08 Dec 14.
frankdamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:53 AM   #9
HI Both
Thanks for the response,sounds like your weather is just like the Cornish weather, warm & Damp, its been good of late, 16 Deg on the 25th November cant be bad for dear old England.
We're not far from your brothers place, i know the Barbican well used to work just around the corner.
My Mother is an American born & Bred in Detroit, came to UK in the Mining years with her parents, hence moving to Cornwall and the Tin Mines. Probably accounts for my love of the RV, we dont make anything thats as comfortable.
Driving here and Europe is not difficult and in fact in Cornwall there was a dealership Called "Itchy Feet" that supplied our last two vehicles,
Our Daughter produced our first grandson in July so we spent two months living in Bournemouth in the RV, great apartment, and im sure we will be repeating the journey many more times in the future.
Were planning our September trip on the Continent which weve done before, Taking in France and Spain, Possibly some of Portugal, Friends have just bought a 39' County Coach so its likely to be a convoy down to the Mediterrean.
US RV's are not a common sight in France and i dont believe there are any registered there so were a bit unusual, but attracts very positive comments.
Hope you guys had a great thanksgiving yesterday.
Keep well
Chrissy & Martyn.