Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2007, 08:41 PM   #15

Hi George and Carol. We are George and Marianne in Los Angeles with 2003 Essex. Our coach is still being repainted, the shop (Kustom Kreations) had plenty of problems removing this Diamond Shield, finally purchasing a special air-powered decal remover that does the job quickly. Lots of paint damage and reuqired filling, sanding, primer coats and three colors of paint to restore the finish as new. We had a custom bra manufactured with the colors of the coach. If you are interested I will send photos when complete. We will never install Diamond Shield on this or any future coaches. It appears the film is purchased from several manufacturers and in varying thickness. Diamond Shield folks say the film we removed was furnished by Avery. Don't they manufacture file folder labels?

Regards
Newmar4374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2007, 07:14 AM   #16

Hi Marianne and George. We just traded in our 03 Essex for the 07 model. After the initial problems with the RV dealer dulling the finish on the Diamond Shield it was replaced and we never had another problem with it. We had it replaced in 04 and looked almost new when traded this past February. We have the diamond shield on our 07 and it has preformed great so far. We are sorry to hear that you have had so many problems The only other film I know of is made by 3M and we had that installed on our 01 Mountain Air and it worked fine. You are right Avery does make file folder labels.
We hope you will enjoy many wonderful miles with your 03 Essex. Carl Snyder is the high line coach customer Service person at Newmar and his phone number is 866-463-9627. Carl and the team that works on the Essex coaches are a wonderful resourse for questions. I think you will probably get more information from the actually Coach owners on this web site. We have also started an Essex Club through FMCA and our web site is www.essexmotorcoachclub.com we hope you will join us and we can meet at one of the upcoming rally.

07 Essex 4502
George&Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:15 AM   #17
Administrator Emeritus

Marianne and George, WELCOME to iRV2!!

I hope you will reconsider not having Diamond Shield reapplied once you get the chance to visit the highline service facility in Nappanee.
I would even suggest calling Carl and explaining your situation and past experiences...
I'm not aware of a "better" or more suited application for the front of the coach than the Diamond Shield and I've seen the great work the Elkhart Diamond Shield folks do on more than one occassion, even my own coach.

I understand it's a personal decision, just hate that a "dealer rep" would sour your experience, when there might be a better solution.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote