Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-03-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
Ok - we made it!!! New RV Lifestylers!

Well, I am peeking around the website and I *think* I belong here, but not sure if ths website would be for our type of situation.

It appears that many of you stay on the go with your RV. But we are planning on living in ours. We have downsized, rented out our home and moved into a Keystone Residence (model 402BH). Downsizing from a two story home into a 400 sq. ft. RV is not an easy task! We have given up our Class "A" for a more "permanent" feel. The Model of our RV is 402BH. It's a 40 footer -- so it's pretty much meant to stay put for long periods of time. Just putting (more like affording) fuel into a Class "A" is CRAZY now. So we determined that if we are going to be RV'ing, we were going to have to stay in one place for longer periods of time and use our car to see America! Parking a Class "A" and not using it for long periods of time doesn't seem to be too good of an idea.

Anyway, if this isn't the place for us to mingle, that's okay. But it sure would be nice to learn a few things about our new lifestyle!

Dawn in Washington
Husband Joel and one spoiled papillon "Roxie"
2011 Keystone Residence 402BH
dawnbarnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2011, 06:29 AM   #2
Newmar Owners Club

G'morning from Minneapolis (Mpls.), Minn., and a BIG WELCOME to the iRV2 gang.

I don't know what a "Keystone Residence 402BH" is, but will look it up when I finish reading the forum later. Nice to have ya aboard.

My wife and I just arrived here in Mpls. from Tampa/St. Pete where we were wintering and visiting our son and his family. We had a heck of a time getting out of Florida, and through Georgia, Tennessee and Kentucky due to that stalled storm front spawning all those horrible tornados, rain/hail and thunderstorms, but we ran through a VERY small window of decent weather and finally got here. 94 yr. old mom's health is failing up here in Mpls. so we had to get here.

So, where are ya located in Washington? We've visited Washington a number of times since starting our full timing RV life and sure do like that area.

You're right about the climbing fuel prices limiting our travels, but, it's not a bad thing hanging in different areas for longer periods. Actually, it's kinda better than doing shorter stops. We do get "itchy" to hit the road though after sittin still for a month or so.

Well, again, WELCOME.

Steve & Lynette

2014 Newmar 3103 BAYSTAR/Triton V10 w. Banks/05 Honda Element toad
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:45 AM   #3
Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Welcome to forum. This is the right place to be. You will find many friends on this forum willing to help in anyway they can. Just post your questions or concerns and you will get the answers. Again welcome.
2011 Coachmen Concord, Ford E450
DRosedale, BRosedale and Yorkies, Max, Molly, Harley
Pineville, LA
DRosedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:55 AM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
Yeppers!! This is JUST the place for you guys! We full time in our class A also. Welcome! We're looking forward to hearing more from you.
"If it aint broke, fix it 'till it is!!"
Follow us on our adventures...we're currently on-site storage facility managers.
John_N_Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:07 AM   #5
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome aboard and YES this is the place to be. Many great people here to share stories with. Also if you should run into any problems, ask away someone here is always willing to help with a solution.
Steve & Sally / HiTee & Hudson Our Little Poms / Heidi & Houston Forever in our Hearts
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22 / 05 PT Vert
Michigan (Summer) Florida (Winter)
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #6

We are located in Tacoma, Washington right now. For the summer we will be staying in Graham, Washington and then in August??? Who knows? We sure don't. We both still have to work full-time, but I lost my job with the Department of Defense last February and have been out of work since then. Hubby drives a truck --- so needless to say, he's pretty mobile. I am pretty specialized in what I do so I pretty much have to follow the contracts and where they lead.

I can keep up with all of you from a geography perspective as I used to be an over-the-road trucker myself. I have been to all but five states so I've seen them all and am familiar with nearly every area of the country, all the major cities, many sites along the way, etc.

Don't they say that people who like to stay on the move are gypsies? LOL. If so, I guess I have gypsy in my blood.

Dawn in Washington
Husband Joel and one spoiled papillon "Roxie"
2011 Keystone Residence 402BH
dawnbarnard is offline   Reply With Quote

« newbe | Checking in »