Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2005, 05:10 PM   #1

Hey Y'all, from the Atlanta area. New to this site, been camping since I was a kid and my grandkids think I was around to see dinosaurs. We've gone the route from tents, pop-up, TT and now a 5th wheel. Love it except for one thing. The speakers have static even when the tuner is off. Its a Concertone mod. RV2000 TV.
Any ideas where to find a schematic or operating manual?
Thanks,
Mostanything

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2005, 05:10 PM   #2

Hey Y'all, from the Atlanta area. New to this site, been camping since I was a kid and my grandkids think I was around to see dinosaurs. We've gone the route from tents, pop-up, TT and now a 5th wheel. Love it except for one thing. The speakers have static even when the tuner is off. Its a Concertone mod. RV2000 TV.
Any ideas where to find a schematic or operating manual?
Thanks,
Mostanything

Old 06-26-2005, 06:38 PM   #3

Some manufacturers are putting user guides on their web sites. I found an expresso machine manual and a toaster oven manual. (MIL never kept paper) Art
Old 06-26-2005, 11:53 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Mostanything, welcome to our website. Glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your advnetures. I wonder if the 12 volt suppying the radio is tapped of the unfiltered side of the converter. Does it do the same when not plugged into shore power or generator running? Have you tried running a 12+ line straight from the battery to the radio? Let us know what you find out. You may be able to add a choke to the circuit to filter the "dirty dc" out.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:16 AM   #5

Thanks Wizard,
I'll try the 12V direct. How does one find the filtered side of the converter?
Mostanything
Old 06-28-2005, 07:38 AM   #6

mostanything, Welcome to the IRV2 website, I don't have the knowledge to assist you with your problem, but I'm sure someone on this forum can help you. Ed.S
Old 05-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #7

we have a wildcat rv, and we have the same kind of radio in it. it's a concertone rv2000. it kills the battery because it is still on even though it says it's off. you can hear a static noise comming from the speakers. do you think it is like that with all the concertone sound systems?
Old 05-19-2007, 12:09 AM   #8
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Angelica, welcome to iRV2.com. Wea re glad to have you join us here and look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am not familiar with the system but wonder if i has a power supply (some have them in the Sub woofer) that can be turned off by another switch. Even if you had to add a switch at least it would not drain the battery. Good luck to you and I am sure you will enjoy the website. Have a great summer.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:10 PM   #9

Wizard,

Can you elaborate on where the filtered side of the converter is? I have a 2002 wildcat with the concertone rv2000 radio system. it has a very bad buz when connected to line power and the battery disconnected. Still a bothersome buz when you reconnect the battery. It looks like a line filter is installed just prior to the radio.....it get very hot when you disconnect the battery? any suggestions? The widcat has the magnetek 7345 converter charger.

Thanks
rbooms
Old 06-05-2007, 12:28 AM   #10
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
rbooms, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and look forward to reading of your advetures and experiences. Usually the line is identified with a tag on the wire protruding out the back of the converter. I will try to locate an old schematic and see if I can find a color for the filtered circuit. You should not be trying to power the coach through only the converter. You should always have a battery installed. If you were to continue to mull maximum load out you will shorten the life of the converter. Maybe this is your way to fix the buzzing radio!
Old 06-05-2007, 04:34 PM   #11

Thanks! I am getting ready for the first trip of the season next weekend and hope to get this all figured out.
the manual states that you can disconnect the battery when you are going to be hooked to line voltage for exteneded periods. When I leave the battery connected it seems to over chage. What should I do. you say to keep the battery connected.

Rbooms
Old 06-06-2007, 12:42 AM   #12
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
If you are actually using the coach then you will not as likely overcharge the battery. When you store it you would not keep it plugged in just sitting and not being used. You could put it on a timer to recharge for an hour a day if you like. I have been so busy at work that I have not had the time to research the schematic for the converter.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:37 PM   #13

Well I park it next to my garage and my children 6, 4, and 2 use it daily as some what of a play house. So I usually keep it plugged in to keep the vent fan running to keep the unit vented and lights.

I talked to forest river and they advised to replace the lower unit on the converter. Ordered parts today.

rbooms