Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2014, 06:49 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Retired Newbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Congrats on your new-to-you RV. We see a number of your fellow Canadians here at Ocean Lakes RV Park in Myrtle Beach, SC. If you are headed to FL, suggest you stop here for a while. For anyone with a new RV, there are plenty of good mobile RV techs here to fix things that might come up along the way.

Thanks for that info - Florida is our first destination - we will stop there for awhile to sit back and take it all in. I think the first leg of the trip may be a bit stressfull so we welcome a good place to stay!
Retiredatlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2014, 06:26 PM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome and glad to meet you!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:41 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
I am so jealous. Congrats! Another four years five months and 14 days for me...but who's counting...
Old 10-16-2014, 06:48 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaerga View Post
I am so jealous. Congrats! Another four years five months and 14 days for me...but who's counting...
We have a class C for now. ...5 1/2 years for us. My DW retired at 50 two years ago just to rub it in.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:32 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Smile Retired

Quote:
I know the feeling of that long wait. Chin up it will happpen- We just picked up our 2006 Jayco 24.5 yesterday - got home late and will unhook today!
Retiredatlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:45 AM   #20

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Jealous too

Quote:
... I got five years, 1 month and 3 days ... but not really counting yet
cucotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:10 AM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Welcome....for getting the antifreeze out of your lines use the search box on top of the page and enter sanitizing water lines.......should get you all the info you need.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:41 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Welcome! We have learned so much just watching the responses other folks get to their questions. Best forum for RVers for sure!

Are you crossing into the states through Michigan or New York? That might dictate your route and possible spots to stay on the way to Florida. I am sure those who travel to Florida would have some suggestions based on that.

Enjoy being in the warm sunshine and think of those of us left behind when you see the stories on TV of us shoveling and freezing.
Fencebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 12:01 PM   #23

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Pin weight vs payload capacity is very important to understand. It is different than towing capacity. Make sure your F150 payload matches the requirements of your 5er's "actual" pin weight when the 5er and truck are fully loaded to go. Good luck and have fun.
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 12:25 PM   #24

Send a message via Yahoo to GFBishop
Brakes. Very important. Also generator. I use a digital recorder and cell phone camera
when a tech is giving me instructions. Saved me a number of times.
GFBishop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, newbies