Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-06-2010, 06:05 AM   #1
Retiring July 29th.

After "twisting wrenches" for 39 years, I will be retiring from the Fire Department where I worked as a Fleet Maintenance Supervisor on July 29th. We bought our 1993 Gulfstream Friendship 2 years ago to get ready for this. So far we have put 16000 miles on it. I have completely gone through it from replacing the roof to tuning the 300hp Cummins engine to adding a second 100 gallon fuel tank to upgrading the main tv to a 32" Vizio LCD, and lots more. We plan on traveling at least 6 months out of the year. Maybe next year we will join MMAP and do volunteer work with other RVers.

So if you see a motorhome that says The Joneses "Home On the Road" on it's sides, it will be us.

ASE Master EVT Master
Retired and on the road
1993 Gulfstream, 1983 Benz 300SD(TOAD)
automch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2010, 06:25 AM   #2
Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hey Best of luck to you, and enjoy enjoy enjoy!!! I retired in Oct 2007 and have not looked back once !!!!!!!!!

AL, & Mickey "The Boston"! Silver Springs, FL Camping since 1967 and RVing since 1990! A 2011 Keystone Hornet 30RKDS & 2015 Yamaha V-Star 1300 Delux WATCH FOR MOTORCYCLE
AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:11 AM   #3
Monaco Owners Club
Congratulations! Have a Great retirement. Safe Travels
2005 Monaco Knight, 3 Slide, 38' PST, Cummins 330 ISC, 34,000 miles on this one!
VMSpc, PressurePro, BrakeSwitch, DeLorme SA2010

2005 Honda CRV, Blue Ox, SMI Brake, TomTom Go 720
Flagelpater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:09 AM   #4
National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This is wierd. My wife and I are retiring on July 29th also. We start fulltiming then. Best of luck to you!
2001 National Tradewinds 7370 300 Cat
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Officially fulltiming. The Journey Begins
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #5
Solo Rvers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congratulations, Just retired myself the 1st of October. Takes a little getting use to after working all your life, but I think it will be just fine the more I am on the road. I really enjoy having the time to work on my rv and you will just keep adding to that list you have already started......Happy Trails...
FATMANAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:06 PM   #6
Ford Super Duty Owner

Believe me when I say it will be the best job you have ever had. No weekends, holidays to work. no alarm clock. you get to do things at your pace and when you want to do them.
htlk1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:28 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hey, just retired June 1st myself! This past Tuesday was the first day in over 30 years I've been home on a work day, not burning a vacation or sick day. Weird feeling, but GOOD weird. Got a ways to go before we can hit the road full time, specifically another house to sell and another year or two at work for my wife.

Have you posted photos of your upgrades and mods anywhere? I suspect I'm not the only one that would like to see them.
Jay & Peggy Monroe with Dolly
Can't take it with you - don't plan on leaving any behind
2016 Newmar London Aire 4553, Spartan chassis
Wrangler Unlimited toad
JMonroe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:10 PM   #8
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome Irv & Gail,
Congratulations on you're upcoming retirement. Continue to enjoy your motorhome.

Travel well, travel safe,
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote