Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #1
Tiffin Owners Club
Roaming the mtns. of Colorado again woohoo!

Hello everyone,

I’m new iRV2 and wanted to introduce myself and share my excitement.

This Friday we are going to pick up our new baby—a Minnie 29B 2002 in very very good condition from a dealer that has been in business for 40 years. My DW and I used to pull a 19 foot TT behind our Jeep Grand Cherokee and we took that thing places in Colorado that you should NOT take a rig. If you have seen the movie “The Long Long Trailer” you know what I mean!

Anyway, we sold it several years ago for financial reasons at the time but have dearly missed all the week-end and longer trips we used to take. After Tent camping in the San Juan’s last summer we decided to start looking for a rig again. Since our Jeep is now over ten years old I thought that since we had never tried a MH before—and if we bought a trailer or fifth wheel I’d also need to get a new Tow vehicle as well, I talked the DW in to trying a MH. She was very scared of driving a bigger class A so we focused on a class C. After a considerable amount of on-line research (what valuable resource iRV2 is) and kicking the tires at dealers and private parties, with some additional serendipity, we found our Minnie and put a deposit down on our Winnebago last week.

Then the roller coster really started as we tried to verify we got an OK deal, the rig would work for us, is the unit in good working order, comparing prices, and did I mention that I found the rig by myself and my DW had not seen it with her own eyes only pictures? (it was located in a different town)

Anyway, all that to say that we think the coach is has been well cared for, and will give us a good introduction to Motor homes versus trailers. DW has now looked at the rig.

Our only last concern is the length which we worry is a little long. we really like staying in state parks and National Forests. Since I’m a tall guy we really wanted a walk around bed. I guess time will tell. We intend to full-time in about a decade when we retire and I hope this rig serves as a good introduction for us.

I just wanted to say thank you for your great sharing of information on this site and I feel like you guys are friends I did not know I even had.

Thank you for letting me introduce myself and share our excitement (and fear) with you!

Grace and Peace,

Joe and Marcy
2007 42QRP Allegro Bus, Spartan, 400 ISL
2010 Honda CR-V
PeakFinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2009, 11:42 AM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
Congratulations on your new rig! We used to live in Colorado in the mountains in a place called Coal Creek Canyon (Wondervu). Nothing like the mountains except maybe the oceans. The mountains are still great for scenery and wildlife. A Class C is certainly better for the mountains than a Class A if you want to travel and see the sites and commune with nature. Tell your wife that a Class C is actually more difficult to drive than an A. If she can handle the C, an A is easy.

Good Luck!

2005 Safari Cheetah 38PDQ - 2009 Ford Flex
Me (Gatogonow), The Boss (DW), Honey Bunny, Maggie May and Mollie Kay (The Gatos)!
Jim Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:55 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
PeakFInder, welcome to our website and forums. We are glad to have been helpful in you research for a good unit. Congratulations on you new to you Minnie. I am sure you will enjoy it as you will this site. When you get the time to take some photos, post some here in our gallery. Good luck and keep us posted.
Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote