Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #15
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2! Can't help on your decision but there are lots of folks here who can! Good luck & God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2011, 10:22 PM   #16

We took out time and I brought my wife to an RV show or two plus a few dealerships and showed her and me as many RV DP's as I could find over the course of 6 months or so, and then I followed her around and made serious note of her 'druthers. I generally expected, and was not wrong, that my wife would be dealing with the interior and I would be dealing with the exterior - that is, she with the "house" and me with the "vehicle". Naturally, we both had to agree on things but this decision-making/preference identification system has worked out well for us. I think we decided on the best compromise of our 1st and 2nd priorities. One of our high priorities was the two slideouts up front to give as much living space as we could get, even if only on a psychological level, and especially since we are beginner full-timers. Our possible mistake ... we went with the 38' model and now miss the 40' model with the bathroom across the back. HTH (Hope This Helps).
Road Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:33 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliciah0608
I am new to this forum and seeking some advice on a motorhome purchase. We have never purchased a class A and are becoming overwhelmed with decision making. We recently purchased a review from this JR's Reviews to try and get some insight on what to look for. We noticed that the Tiffin brand was a good choice. It is fairly reasonable in price. We test drove the 2011 Allegro Breeze 32BR diesel and fell in love with the ride and the idea of 13-15 MPG fuel economy. The one thing that I feel like I would regret later in this decision is the tight space in the bedroom and the small kitchen, and the slide-out that is taking up most of the awning space. We were made a good offer of $129,000 of the $169,000 list price. What a deal for a new diesel! Our second choice is the 2012 Tiffin Allegro 32CA and a 2011 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA. We were made an offer of $98,000 on the 32CA and $96,000 on the 34TGA. Both I think are good offers. We also looked at a 2011 Fleetwood Southwind that was used one time and has only 3400 miles on it for $87,000 wholesale book price. I know that the Allegro is probably the better choice but still torn on the diesel. I think this Allegro Breeze is probably the least expensive diesel that I have seen. I guess what I am wondering is will I regret the decision later because of the smaller bedroom, kitchen and no tray on passenger side? I know that the diesel will have a better resale value too. But we are down to deciding a $200 a month in a payment. We would like to stay within a budget of that $129,000 if we went diesel and don't think we could get better prices on new rv's with the offers that we got. Anyone else out there have any good advice that they could give me that could give me a more clearer insight on our decision?
Just my two cent.

I would alway prefer a diesel over a gas coach. Most good diesel power plants are built very well. They are made to handle the weight and towing that you will be doing. The diesel should go 3 times the miles of a gas model during it's life time. I too have looked at the Breeze and love it. One may not be spending much time in bedroom. I think the people at Tiffin do a good job in the working of the coach. I hope Bob Tiffin will the at the Pomona show coming up. I thought the ride was better in the 32 foot model. On top of this no one offers any Class A coach that may get up to 15 miles per gallon but the Breeze. My V 6 Sprinter only does 19 mpg. If not I can offer you a great deal on a late model gas fleetwood south wind in believe. $69,000.
Mrpictureman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:10 AM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
First things first... Make sure you like the floorplan and by you I mean your wife. Nothing is worse than finding out after the sale that y'all really don't like the floorplan, can't use the space under the awning, and so on. Second thing is reread the first thing. Good mileage will not outweigh too small bathroom or unworkable kitchen.

Good luck
Agreed!!
We ordered our first DSDP (39' single slide) and within two years ended up ordering a longer one with three slides (41' triple slide) because I wanted the Spartan chassis and ISC, my wife wanted the triple slides and more room especially in the bedroom.
If you're already wondering about the room then you probably won't be happy in a year or two!!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote