Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2014, 10:52 PM   #85
MPH

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Agreed. It surprised me a bit too. What also surprises me, are the many references to "lifestyle" and "choice".

We choose to pursue the RVing lifestyle. Being gay is not something people just one day decide they'll try out. It's who they are.

Rick
We'd be honored to park next to you all any time. And you'll be invited to our cookout.

Mel

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2014, 11:29 PM   #86

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
DW and I have many many LGBT friends and openly invite them to stay in our home and accept their invitations to us to stay with them. There really isn't an issue unless you make one. If you are nice and friendly you would be welcome around our campfire at any time.

Old 08-25-2014, 04:58 AM   #87

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ok, let me get this right. The question of sexual preference and/or acceptance of same sex couples by RV'rs has now become a question in the world of owning and living in an RV on this site.

Since when has sexual preference become a matter for all to discuss in public? I suppose it is the manner in which I was raised but sexual preference was always a bedroom matter and not a public matter.

The purpose of this site (I thought) is for RVing discussions and not a place to discuss the acceptance of sexual preference. As much as some may feel the matter is appropriate for discussion on this site I say to them that I also have the right to express my opinion that it should not be allowed on IRV2.

If you disagree with me on this I am good with that. Now can we just put it to bed? No pun intended. JMHO
Old 08-25-2014, 07:03 AM   #88
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTinVa View Post
Ok, let me get this right. The question of sexual preference and/or acceptance of same sex couples by RV'rs has now become a question in the world of owning and living in an RV on this site.

Since when has sexual preference become a matter for all to discuss in public? I suppose it is the manner in which I was raised but sexual preference was always a bedroom matter and not a public matter.

The purpose of this site (I thought) is for RVing discussions and not a place to discuss the acceptance of sexual preference. As much as some may feel the matter is appropriate for discussion on this site I say to them that I also have the right to express my opinion that it should not be allowed on IRV2.

If you disagree with me on this I am good with that. Now can we just put it to bed? No pun intended. JMHO
couldn't agree more. should never have been allowed. i don't, nor does anyone else that i've seen on here preference their question with, " i'm a normal thinking straight guy with....." but then couldn't promote " their agenda." 2/3rds of this thread has nothing to do with rv's. Besides, can't have a open discussion or fair exchange of ideas on anything with a gag order in place. jmo
Old 08-25-2014, 09:15 AM   #89
MPH

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
couldn't agree more. should never have been allowed. i don't, nor does anyone else that i've seen on here preference their question with, " i'm a normal thinking straight guy with....." but then couldn't promote " their agenda." 2/3rds of this thread has nothing to do with rv's. Besides, can't have a open discussion or fair exchange of ideas on anything with a gag order in place. jmo
You always have the option of NOT opening this or similar threads. You don't have to read them, you don't have to post on them. The same for me if I read a thread title that is off-putting to me. I just elect to NOT open those threads. I opt to read and post in threads that hold interest to me. mho
Old 08-25-2014, 09:18 AM   #90
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's time to move on. This thread is closed.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Closed Thread

Tags
california, newbie