Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-15-2016, 12:07 PM   #1
Thinking about RVing

I am giving serious thought about becoming a full-timer. I haven't RVed before, but divorce and retirement in the recent past have changed my perspective about what is important. I had the idea to go full time a couple weeks ago and put it on hold until I knew more, kind of thought it would wait until spring. But I went to the show in Hershey, PA yesterday, attended some seminars and talked with a number of people. Then I joined this forum last night and read a lot of posts and replies. Now I am excited to start. I am beginning the search for a used RV, thinking class A. I'm sure I'll be on here often getting advice and ideas.

OldMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2016, 01:30 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi and

US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
sdennislee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 04:29 PM   #3
Welcome aboard. Someone on here will be able to answer your questions. There's a wealth of knowledge here, so don't be afraid to ask any question. Take care.
Lanny, Retired GySgt USMC
2016 Vilano 365RL
2016 F350 CrewCab 6.7 Powerstroke DRW
Lanny1763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 08:59 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Hope you find the perfect rig for your needs!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 09:13 AM   #5
As much as we love it, it isn't for everybody.

Before you get too far, rent a coach for a week and make sure it is something you really like.

As a solo traveler, at least you won't be crowded.

Now, Buying used is smart, but don't spend money until you really know the condition of the coach. Never pay the asking price. It doesn't matter how nice it looks, you will probably have to plunk a couple of grand into it before you go anywhere. I don't know how to find a good surveyor/inspector, but probably someone here can.

There are lots of things you may not have thought of, like legal residence and how to handle mail. These things can be managed, but you have to set it all up.

F76Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:13 PM   #6
Kerri reading and learning. Floorplan and storage are important if you full-time. Diesel rigs can carry allot more than gas rigs. Buy an older rig, but have chassis and house inspected, so you know what you are buying. Took me 10 months to find my rig, so don't rush into buying anything

UncleBilly is online now   Reply With Quote