Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-16-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
National RV Owners Club
towable vehicles 4 down/Nat'l TW safety Issue

Hi; somewhat new to this site, I have a question and a safety issue.

1. First of all I'm trading my Saturn in this spring for a crossover vehicle (Used) something that I can attach a 2" reciever hitch and mount a lift for several Jazzy wheel chairs. I want something that I can tow 4 wheels down and somethiing about 5/6 years old. Got any suggestions?

2. Next is my safety issue. I have a 1999 Nat'l TW and on the way home from a purchase, I heard a loud bang. I thought that I'd run over something, but couldn't find any problems or damage anywhere so I continued on my way without further noises.

When I got home and was insecting all the bays etc. I found that the 60 gal propane tank had lost it's front bolts and it was hanging by the metal around the gauges and the bay metal frame. If this would of hit the road, it would of exploded and me along with it. The rear was still in place. The two forward bolts had come lose and fallen out letting the tank drop. This is really something nobody checks but it should be a least an annual check.

3. We're two phyicially challenged 76 year olds, and we're hitting the road for full timing in about 30 days and looking forward to some freedom from mowing lawns, shoveling snow etc. Looking for RC flying fields to fly warbirds is my hobby and passion.

Glad to be alive.

Glasair TD SN 97

glasair12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2012, 11:12 PM   #2
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Glasair, welcome to the forum. I sure someone here can point you in the right direction for the vehicle that you're looking for. That someone is not me. Best of luck!

Travel well, travel safe,
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
we pulled a Suzuki grand vitera, 4 dr, 4 wheel dr. Weighs only about 3200 lbs, just put 4 wheel in neutral, trans in park, and make sure e brake is OFF. Can't go over 60 mph, and have to stop every 200 miles to put it in gear to move the fluids around.
Tom3205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #4
National RV Owners Club
Thanks Tom, but I'm hope to get something a little more flexible. Got spoiled by the Saturn I guesse with 65 mph, no stopping.

Only the Best,

1999 TW
glasair12 is offline   Reply With Quote