Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2014, 09:08 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome Shawn and thank you for your service.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2014, 12:34 PM   #16

Welcome to the Forum and a great big thanks for your service. Next once you get back from Hawaii, I would try and visit as many dealers as you can and try and hit a couple RV shows. That way you can see all that is out there. We did that for several years before we bought our used rig and started fulltiming. That way you will be able to see what is out there and get an idea of what type of RV you would like and the options. Also you don't have to buy new to get a great RV. Best of luck.

myshaggydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:31 PM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome and glad to meet you!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:26 PM   #18

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by myshaggydog View Post
Welcome to the Forum and a great big thanks for your service. Next once you get back from Hawaii, I would try and visit as many dealers as you can and try and hit a couple RV shows. That way you can see all that is out there. We did that for several years before we bought our used rig and started fulltiming. That way you will be able to see what is out there and get an idea of what type of RV you would like and the options. Also you don't have to buy new to get a great RV. Best of luck.

My shaggy dog

I really do wish we had the time to do that. But we are on a tight time schedule. We are doing our research between now and February, and our research includes joining forums and detailed reviews about Fifth wheels that will meet our needs. Reason we need to do much research now is because when we arrive in February we will be either buying a brand-new tow vehicle or have purchased it late December and are picking it up From trusted family.

So I will be doing a couple things that people don't normally do. First I will be buying a brand-new vehicle sight unseen and having a family member pick it up. I'm doing this through a car buying "service". I am useing seen fighting chance.com. I would definitely recommend this service if you're going to buy a new car and have the time to do the research and purchase it during the time that is best for your price to get good discounts. I am actually not nervous about the cost of the car at all or about buying it sight unseen. Currently we are doing research to find out if we need to get an F250 or an F350 DRW.
The next thing that we will be doing that most people don't normally do is buying an RV, in my situation I have never stepped onto an RV lot. I tried to find a "service" that kind of works as fighting chance.com works for buying a new car but the only thing I have found is rvreviews.net. They put a good book out but it cost quite a bit and I got a review report of one of the RVs we were looking for, but the report was so poor I wrote them long email on how much I did not like their service. If anyone could recommend a service that reviews RVs that would be helpful.

Now I'm not planning to buy my RV site unseen, however we only have about two weeks to look at RVs before we have to purchase one. Or the other option is buying another stick house to actually live in, while we make renovations. We are leaning towards full timing however as a hobby I will buy foreclosed homes and renovate them. We likeed renovating our last home however we did not like to live in the renovations.
My shaggy dog thanks for the best of luck we will need it. And I wish we had the time like you guys did. Between me and my wife are first RV is going to be our starter RV that should last us anywhere between 4 to 6 years (i think) after that we will definitely do an upgrade and we like the 43 Manhattan by DVR.

Thanks

Tags
rving