Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-24-2005, 01:36 PM   #1
We are in the process of buying a golf course. We are considering putting in RV Pads since this is a big retirement / recreational area. I am not sure what would be needed. Can anyone please give me ideas of what users would want?

Thank you all for your help!!

jedhassett is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2005, 01:36 PM   #2
We are in the process of buying a golf course. We are considering putting in RV Pads since this is a big retirement / recreational area. I am not sure what would be needed. Can anyone please give me ideas of what users would want?

Thank you all for your help!!

jedhassett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 03:02 PM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Hi Julia,

Welcome to iRV2, we're really glad to have you here as a new member and are looking forward to reading your posts about your new golf course and RV pads. You'll find a great bunch of folks on this site who are very knowledgeable of RVing, the rigs we use, and the places we go in them.

As you'll see, they're eager to help and share their knowledge and experiences with others.

I'm not sure if you're just putting in a few RV pads for a no frills spot to park or are you setting up a campground?

In a campground, most RV'ers would expect a level, spacious, grassy site with a picnic table, fire ring, or barbecue grill. They'll also want the basic hookups to operate their RV's. The basics would be water, sewer, and electricity. Wide access roads are also desired to accommodate RV's up to 45' in length into the sites. Many folks prefer a pull through site so they don't have to disconnect their toad to get into it.

Most newer sites will have 50 amps of electricity with appropriate connections for 30 and 20 amps too. Some will offer a cable TV connection but most will charge a little extra to use it. Lately, many have been installing Wi-Fi for Internet use, others will provide a phone connection for this purpose.

For a full service campground you'll want to consider an office, bath house, laundry facilities, recreational activities, and an overall ambiance that will attract RV'rs.

Again, welcome to iRV2, we're glad you joined.
'11 GMC Acadia SLT AWD
'11 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Extended Cab
Hitchhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 04:14 PM   #4
A nice trout stream next to the campsite and a great view of the mountains is nice.

I consider sewer connections optional, unless you are planning on having long term guests (more than a few days). Also, building codes for RV camping can be very extensive and costly to comply with. Check on those before you proceed very far.
2014 Winnebago Adventurer 32H
2011 Honda Fit Toad
Ken Lenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 05:12 PM   #5
Welcome jedhassett, and thanks for asking what we want. So many "campgrounds" do it the way they want it, and it is not right for those people who travel by RV. Let us know where you are planning this. Who knows, you might get some people there.
Sue <><

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 05:15 PM   #6
Welcome jedhassett to the IRV2 website, glad you decided to join our group.
The three things that would have RV owners come to your place would be good electric(50amp service) good water, and sewer, optional concrete pad, cable tv or cable internet. Ed.S
2005 Newmar Mountain Aire W-24 , 2006 Jeep Commander Limited towed vehicle Newmar Kountry Klub 7284L, Pennsylvania State Directors
Edmund A Skibinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 06:25 PM   #7
Welcome! I recommend contacting the campground owners association in your state. They will have access to all applicable regulations and perhaps even have advisors that can help you with where to begin and the easiest path to proceed building your project. Experience is the best teacher it's said, and hopefully the association already knows what you'll need to satisfy RV'ers visiting your golf course. The major items have already been posted. Ease of entry and exit, sites that are reasonably level both ways, and large enough to accomodate the RV and a place to park a golf cart are things you might consider. Good luck and success with your venture!
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 07:52 PM   #8
Welcome jedhassett!

Welcome to iRV2...great question, and after all the 'wants' start to fly here (Ken's got a good one), you may find yourself with the Taj Mahal of golf courses, but someones' gotta knock 'ol Donald off the pedestal, eh?

Great to see 'ya here...hope your visits are enjoyable!
WWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 05:55 AM   #9
Welcome to iRV2 this has been a wonderful tool for my introduction into the world of RVing. I am sure you will find the same for advice on Rv site design.My suggestion would be allow lots of space between sites in the design plan. I live and work on a lake in southeast Texas (L.Conroe).A few years back a guy purchased an old marina/campground on the northeast shore that was run down and beyond repair with plans for a campground.Great location - water front near National Forest Rec area, off the beaten path but still close to services. GREAT DEAL -Started with bulldoser and removed the eyesore.Up went the store - the bath house both log style wonderful - fantastic a new campground can not wait - watched weekly.Then he started pouring the concrete pads. Lets say close/very close. I know the guy has a million+ invested and the addition book reads - the more pads the more $$$ possible but to crowded is to crowded.I have yet to see more than 5 RV's in their.I have never and will never camp under these conditions.- CAMPGROUND IS NOW FORSALE WONDER WHY ? With a million+ invested electrical wire and PVC is cheap. True concrete is expensive. I will be shocked if this guy has an ??? pants after the sale.

pocoloco is offline   Reply With Quote