Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-16-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
Gulf Streamers Club
WI couple - new to RV and going F/T

Dan & Kathy, early 50's with grown family and we are ready to travel. Just purchased and will soon p/u a 2009 Gulf Stream. Kathy soon to be a Travel Nurse and she will be main driver as I have some limitations due to MS. We will be traveling with a dog inherited from our son serving active duty USMC.

We are looking forward to our adventure with great expectations and enthusiasm and most especially, we are looking forward to meeting many of the irv2 members while making new friends.

We love home brewed beer, evening sunset strolls and my new photo hobby.

Now learning about registering the RV, taxes, insurance, extended warranties, road side service (AAA?) and mail forwarding services and I admit - "I don't get it', as there are so many options.

Dan1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Dan and Kathy,

Didn't realize we were almost 'neighbors' when I responded to one of your other posts. Peggy and I lived and worked in southern WI for over 35 years, mostly in the Madison area. For the last 7 years of my working career we lived in Lake Mills as I had to commute to Milwaukee for work (all but closed the Madison offices of the company). I retired last June and, until we can sell it, now live in what had been a second home, about 30 miles west of Appleton. We sold the Lake Mills house last year.

We've owned an RV of one kind or another since about 1980. I'd be happy to talk to you if you want to PM your phone number to me, or, if you prefer, we can just correspond via the PMs.

Where'd you buy your rig?

Jay & Peggy Monroe with Dolly
Can't take it with you - don't plan on leaving any behind
2016 Newmar London Aire 4553, Spartan chassis
Wrangler Unlimited toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:54 PM   #3
Dan & Kathy: Welcome to the forum. We also are from WI and recently started full-timing. We've had RV's for many years but the motor home is new to us in the past year. Let me know also by PM if I can answer any questions for you. Rich
Rich NKK19266
2010 Dutch Aire 4317
2014 Grand Cherokee Summit Ecodiesel
enjoyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:41 AM   #4
Welcome aboard.......our Bella, while driving sits with the wife,every time I look over,I start laughing, can't figure which one is enjoying the ride more..........kids in USA.F.
TomTheOilMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
Gulf Streamers Club
Thank you all for the warm welcome. We have much to do and learn and we will certainly reach out to forum members when needed. Right now our new Gov'r and Madison is all over national news.
Dan1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by Dan1125 View Post
Thank you all for the warm welcome. We have much to do and learn and we will certainly reach out to forum members when needed. Right now our new Gov'r and Madison is all over national news.
Hello from another fellow Wisconsinite.

Concerning the new Govenor, I hope he will be run out of office faster than he got in! He is trying to destroy our retirements to balance his false budget promises on the back of gov't employees. Gov't employees gave up part of their salaries for the pension plans the agreed to! Now they are supposed to earn less and give up what was part of the deal!

He is even putting the Wisconsin National Guard on alert to beat fellow Wisconsinites down if they want to protest. Are we in Egypt or what is going in this fine state? A big demo is currently taking place in this part of Wisconsin.
Hudsoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #7
Yet another warm welcome from another Wisconsin guy. From the Appleton area. Welcome to the rv world and irv2. Hope you have many many happy memories and miles ahead of you.
Renegade Garage Unit
Ed S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:08 PM   #8
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome Dan & Kathy,
Enjoy your "retirement". I would check out CoachNet for roadside assistance that you might need. in your travels. Hopefully, they will trouble free and you won't need any service.
Travel well, travel safe,
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #9
Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi Dan & Kathy, welcome,. from another wisconsinite, in Portage, ( was from Milwaukee)
swamphog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #10
Welcome from Titletown - home of the 2011 Superbowl Champs !! Yeahhhhh !!!!

Sorry, had to get that out . . .

IRV2 is a good forum, but also check out http://www.escapees.com and becoming an Escapees member. Mannnnnnnny fulltimers there.

Happy travels!
2001 Mountain Aire DP 4095
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:07 PM   #11
Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to the road! For registration and mail check out tax free states. Texas and South Dakota are popular options with fulltimers. In Texas Escapees are a great organization and offer mail forwarding as well as other services. In South Dakota there are a couple of good companies. We use Alternative Resources and have been very happy with them. They forward our mail and have also helped with registration of both our car and MH. Nina

12 paws, 40 feet and the open road
WheelingIt is offline   Reply With Quote