Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2011, 10:41 AM   #1

will join you soon

we are DARLA and TERRY. we have made the decision to become 'FULL-TIMERS'. but first, we must retire and liquidate all our 'stuff'. NOT TO MENTION WE HAVE JUST BEGUN OUR SEARCH FOR A MOTOR HOME. we probably won't buy until we get a contract on our house. we are interested in a class A diesel; 38+ ft.; multiple slides; ETC, ETC. you know the type-very nice and very cheap!! (HA HA). SO, HAVING GIVEN A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF OUR PRESENT SITUATION, I HOPE YOU DON'T THINK I AM PREMATURE FOR JOINING YOUR GROUP. PLEASE COMMUNICATE WITH US SO WE MAY BECOME FRIENDS. WE LIVE 45 MINUTES SOUTH OF CHICAGO WHERE I80 AND I55 INTERSECT. IF YOU ARE EVER IN THE AREA GIVE US A CALL. WE WOULD LOVE TO COME TO YOUR SITE OR YOU COULD PARK ON OUR PROPERTY. YOU CAN FIND DARLA KEMNETZ ON FACE BOOK. LOOKING FORWARD TO MAKING NEW FRIENDS. UNTIL THEN, TERRY

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Make sure that you purchase your RV before you sell the house if you are going to finance it. We sold the house and then decided to upgrade from our present RV to a higher end unit and had the items we were looking for, and found out that if you don't have a permenant address and not a UPS mailbox you will have trouble finding someone to finance you because of laws enacted by the federal government.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:16 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
New federal regulations to limit loans to full-time RVers > RV Daily Report |

Check out this site for the regulations.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:09 PM   #4

Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Welcom to iRV2, the perfect time to join the forum is before you purchase your MH. That is what i did and i learned a lot before i purchased. Have fun and jump in anywhere.
Chickenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:33 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sounds like you have the correct idea. Don't put the cart before the horse. One good piece of information though is have a loan covered for the rv before you sell the house if that's what you intend to do. Hate to have good plan so South. Hope all works out and joining the forum is a good thing. You'll be able to ask a lot of questions if needed and put the learning curve in the old tool box. Hope all works out for you and if you have any extra time could you please sell our House????? Unfortunately ours is located just South of Detroit and the market stinks, so I believe it will be a while before we really get to live our dream.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Terry & Darla! Glad you decided to join us! Good luck on your retirement and finding the right rig!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RVing is a fun adventure but is not for everyone. If you have never RV'd before, I strongly suggest that you rent a motorhome for a week and try it out. You will see how you get along in small quarters and what you like and dislike about certain designs.

Ken
Old 08-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Darla and Terry!
We live in yorkville, not far from you.
Won't be fulltiming anytime soon though (unfortunately)
Old 08-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Welcome to the group.. Tracy and I are going to be at the Kankakee River SP from Sept 13 through Sept 17...We would love to meet and greet with you guys...We are having lunch in Urbana with another iRV2 couple during the week. If you want we could meet for lunch anywhere in the area. I know we will go to Willmington...We love the antique shops there.
Send me a PM and we will be glad to offer any advice we can...Peace..D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:59 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis

Glad you found us. Now's the time to ask questions. You don't say if you have prior RV experience or if this will be your first.

Luckily we found out about the difficulty financing an RV, if you don't own a home, before we sold. We ended up purchasing our 'retirement' rig 6 to 8 months sooner than we'd originally planned, took delivery last November. (This also gave us time to 'debug' the rig before it became our full time home) We just sold our home and I'll officially be 'full time' as of Sept 1st. With the RV loan locked in, and the economy uncertain, I'll be keeping the cash from the sale liquid (rather than throwing it at our RV loan) until I have some confidence that the economy is truely on a sustainable upswing.

Best of luck in your pursuit of the nomad life. Here's hoping we meet on the road.

2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote