Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2014, 09:06 PM   #15

I am a member of duramax forums .com lots of helpful stuff on there. Everything from guys with heavily modded trucks to guys like you and me. I am not into big mods. When the exaust rusts out im going to a straight pipe. I would like to delete the egr and get efi live but that's a want not a need.
I am getting tie rod sleeves for sure. Chevy is known for weak tie rods. If you dont race or pull in competition you probably will never have trouble but I go off road. I dont need a busted tie rod in the middle of a corn field. They are only around 40 bucks and install easy. Im waiting until I go in for alignment.
My name on duramaxforums is FarmerJon. Maybe I will see there.

jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2014, 09:15 PM   #16

IF you are in no hurry you should take hy 275 from Omaha Ne up to O'Neill. then hy 20 and make your way to pine ridge SD and go through the badlands national park.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:51 AM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandjon View Post
I am a member of duramax forums .com lots of helpful stuff on there. Everything from guys with heavily modded trucks to guys like you and me. I am not into big mods. When the exaust rusts out im going to a straight pipe. I would like to delete the egr and get efi live but that's a want not a need.
I am getting tie rod sleeves for sure. Chevy is known for weak tie rods. If you dont race or pull in competition you probably will never have trouble but I go off road. I dont need a busted tie rod in the middle of a corn field. They are only around 40 bucks and install easy. Im waiting until I go in for alignment.
My name on duramaxforums is FarmerJon. Maybe I will see there.
Ironic, I was just talking to my brother the other day and he mentioned my dad doing the straight pipe thing to his and I told him it sounds like egr delete. If you haven't researched it before, double check that. I read a little and saw that (and I could be wrong) it is illegal to do unless it is for racing or strictly off road use. It's an emissions alteration and according to forums and things, most shops wont do it unless you sign a waiver saying the truck will only be used for those purposes. Otherwise the fines are in the thousands. From my understanding, egr delete is about the only way to straight up increase milage. Tuners and cold air intake only give a small boost, but nothing like egr delete. Except I hear of a ton of people doing it.... I'll keep looking into it and I'll keep you posted on what I find. One of us is going to have to be the guinea pig for the other!!! I didn't know about the tie rod deal, but for that price, I may do that before I head north in June. I need an alignment right now anyways.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:31 AM   #18

From what I understand you can just put in a blocker plate on the egr instead of deleting the whole works. You will still need a tuner to cancel out he codes. In my research EFI live is the only way to go but I don't have enough spare cash to go down that road.

Rough country tie rod sleeves on amazon.com. $34.95
Old 04-22-2014, 05:30 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandjon View Post
IF you are in no hurry you should take hy 275 from Omaha Ne up to O'Neill. then hy 20 and make your way to pine ridge SD and go through the badlands national park.
That's not a bad idea. Ill map it out. I'm sure it would be a nice family trip. I saw your post about egr bypass. I just purchased truck and am yet to make a payment on it, but I got an extended warranty, 3 year/36k mile deal. I am going to wait until that is up before I make changes. I want them to repair everything I can get out of them before I front money out of pocket.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:45 PM   #20

I love my GMC
Pete1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:49 PM   #21

Welcome aboard. I am a new comer also and I have learned a lot from the great folks here.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:21 PM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
I would also love a 2013 GMC!!!