Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2010, 03:24 PM   #1

Talking ya'll come visit when you can stay longer..

after a couple of aborted attempts to join,register and post on irv2 i am finally here.
i'm john and my beautiful blushing bride winnie are proud rv'ers. we are 73 yrs old, retired and stay on the go about 4-6 months a yr. i've been rving about 20+ yrs and winnie about 10 yrs. we live in gulfport,ms. i have been here sinc 54 (usaf)not retired service. winnie and i met in 57, became engaged but i bolted and went off to college after discharge. we both later married other folks, both lost our spouses after 39 yrs. i became reconnected. been married about 7 yrs. it's been a great union.
we have done the NE,SE,SW,NW and alaska. love it . hope to get to know some of you folks, and invite you to come visit us if you are in the area, and if we are at home. best wishes to you all... will meet up on the forum.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Jdw37 your in good company here, lots of info.

Old 10-21-2010, 04:31 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Generally speaking most members are east of the Mississippi (my fourth grade teacher would be proud I can still spell it) and the great state of Texas. There you can meet them in person.
Welcome to the absolute best forum for RVing.

Kerry
Old 10-21-2010, 08:28 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Engaged twice, 55 years apart. Some things were just meant to be. Can't mess with the universe.

Welcome aboard!!
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:37 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
John & Winnie:

A BIG WELCOME, and glad ya joined the "gang!"

Boy, do we ever like the Gulfport area!! In fact, we ALMOST bought a home in Pass Christian some years ago but held off. Anyway, I'm told it isn't there anymore (ie., the home, that is). How'd you fare through the storm??

We're presently in the Sedona, AZ area but will be heading to Florida, through Gulfport area, in March since our son is retiring from Air Force after 21 years. Who knows, we might give ya call for coffee as we migrate through the Gulfport area.

Again, welcome to iRV2.

Steve & Lynette
Old 10-22-2010, 09:32 AM   #6

sorry about the loss of your prospective home in "the pass". katrina took the home we were living in, only the concrete steps and driveway were left. we had a rental that had just been leased, so we lived in our rv for a year and then remodled our rental and now reside there. sedona,,,,, a beautiful area. enjoy.
call on us if you are in the area, always enjoy visiting with a new friend.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:56 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
jdw37:

Thanks.

Steve & Lynette
Old 10-28-2010, 03:20 PM   #8

Hello John and Winnie; Welcome to a wonderful site with awesome people. Well it sounds like you and I did things a little different Three months after I met my wife in Washington State (while in the Air Force) we were married. That was in 63. Went back home to NY after disscharge and spent 20 yrs in law enforcement, moved down to Fl did another 10 in same profession and have been enjoying and traveling in this Great Nation. We've been blessed with 2 kids (in their 40s) and 6 grands. This is your time folks, enjoy, travel safe and keep smiling.....Bill/Sandi