Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:43 AM   #1
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
About signatures

Signature setups are still in flux but your old signature was stored for safe keeping in a special field in your user profile for reference. You can find this by clicking on usercp > edit details and then scrolling down.

For now you can set up text based signature if you like and include a link. You can use 3 lines and stuff a surprising amount of content into a signature.

Here is an example..
------

Argosy Minuet | Chevy 2500 HD | Gyro the dog | Felix the cat
Current location: down the road
My Home Page

And another example:

Ginny |Geoffrey | 3 kids | 2 dogs | 1 empty wallet
motorhome model | towed model
In regione caecorum rex est luscus

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2009, 01:09 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Yes, I noticed my old signature was cut short with the 3 line limit. A few minutes ago I just finished redoing it. One ?, On my old signature I had a hyperlink which took people to my IRV2 Photo Album. It showed up as " Photo Album " Now it shows up as " http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showga...500&ppuser=241 Which puts me over my 3 line limit. What HTLML code do I type for the hyperlink to just show as " Photo Album "? The old forum software did it for you. I do have a HTML code I have used for my Ebay ads for adding links. It starts out as: <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href........and so on. But it will take up too much space in my 3 line limit. Basically I want the link to show up as in your example My Home Page Any hints.....

IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:34 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
Basically I want the link to show up as in your example My Home Page Any hints.....
  • In the sig editor in your user cp set up the text you want members to see in your sig and format it with font size, justification, color, bold etc.
  • Next highlight the text you want to be a link and select the link tool on the editor box (looks like 2 chain links).
  • A link editor will pop up and you can add the url of the target page. Click OK
  • Then once back in you sig editor hit save changes.
  • Some other hints: I strongly recommend playing with smaller font sizes and making them bold. ALso try putting several pieces of info on one line with | (look above the enter key on your keyboard) seperaters. Remember that your sig shows on every post and so members see it over and over and over. You want it to be infornatinal - but not overpower the text of you post.
Html isn't permitted in sig for security reasons and currently images that are hot linked to will not display in your signature but will only be a link. And.. we're still making some changes here so look for new options along the way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	embedd link in sig.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	71  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Old 03-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #4

Dang, is that Janet good or what!?

2017 Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
2011 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab 4WD
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Dang, is that Janet good or what!?
Maybe, but I still won't wash your rig....

Old 03-10-2009, 03:26 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
All set...

Thank... I knew it was something simple..... I had the condence down my signature a bit, but it all fits now with my hyperlink. ? about posting. Since about last sept. we were given about an hour to make corrections to our posts. At least for me, it was for spell mistakes. What is the time limit now with the new software? thanx
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:35 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
What is the time limit now with the new software? thanx

The time limit to edit posts is still the same (1 hour). But.. you can edit your sig forever

Old 03-10-2009, 06:05 PM   #8

Nor'easters Club
Janet, can we now link to our websites where we sell items, or just the administrators/owners or people who have paid to advertise have that privilege? I know in the begining, it was suggested to me to add my website to my signature, then as we got bigger, it was just for those paying for advertising, and mine was removed. Or another thought, can we link to a 'about us type of website' and have a link to our business website on it? Besides having my own website, I used to like having an opportunity to purchase from some of my 'friends' on IRV2. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:43 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doris View Post
Janet, can we now link to our websites where we sell items, or just the administrators/owners or people who have paid to advertise have that privilege? I know in the begining, it was suggested to me to add my website to my signature, then as we got bigger, it was just for those paying for advertising, and mine was removed. Or another thought, can we link to a 'about us type of website' and have a link to our business website on it? Besides having my own website, I used to like having an opportunity to purchase from some of my 'friends' on IRV2. Thanks.
Hi Doris - Currently we don't allow commercial posting or links in signatures to commercial content with the exception of site sponsors.

There is an option in your profile to include a link to your home page that will be visible in your profile and you may want to consider this.

Here's a link to our community rules that may help clarify some of these issues for you. Thanks for asking

Old 03-13-2009, 09:16 AM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
I tried to sign on with old signature jrcnlc dostnt work.So i re registured with jrcnlcretired but d dosent show up .Now what.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:03 PM   #11

new sign in

when i tried to sign in yesterday i had to re register and then they shortened my name. can the admistrator please fix it for me i used to be registered as mcgillagorilla and now they have me listed as mcgillagoril. and i can't get it fixed. it is very fustrating. thank you.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:15 PM   #12
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Hi - we can merge your new account into your old account and reset your password so you can log in under your old user id. Please use the contact us link in the upper right hand corner to make this request and to get a new temp password for your old account. We'll do our best to get get your account back to normal.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:24 PM   #13
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
I was sitting here at a CG with nothing better to do so I merged them for you. Any posts made as mcgillagoril should now appear as posted by mcgillagorillla and you'll login using mcgillagorillla. Send us that "Contact Us" link if you need additional help.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:49 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
For some reason the only thing in my signature showing up is the first line. What am I donig wrong?

Nedra

Nedra is offline   Reply With Quote