Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2020, 06:47 PM   #15

I don't see any on here.......be a supporter...
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2020, 07:37 PM   #16

I am using Google chrome. No ad blocker. No special installation.
It takes a couple seconds to do the first level load whereby I can then scroll down the page. There is a status bar on the bottom that shows everything that is loading and that is where I see it taking up to 13 seconds to finish loading.

I also see the icon icon spinning on the browser tab for 13 sec.
gpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:19 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Me thinks you have a slow machine. I use laptop google chrome w/ad blocker with no issues at all.
I agree. Last year I had to replace my HHD. Afterwards irv2.com ran really fast compared to the old HHD with all the baggage it contained to slow it down. Now the new HHD is slowing down, IMO, I am the cause by adding "neat" stuff to the system under the guise of making my browser run faster.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:32 PM   #18

Health test report

My computer is fairly fast with a SSD drive and the current connection speed is over 20mb.

But don't just believe me, here is a health test from one of many such free services.

"Your website loading time is around 15.73 seconds and is over the average loading speed which is 5 seconds."
Old 01-09-2020, 08:50 PM   #19
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
I don't see any on here.......be a supporter...

To clarify, paying for the Supporter upgrade has no impact on ads.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:21 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post

Lori-
No but it’s a feel good thing and you get the big decal
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:20 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post

Lori-
To add...
*Always log-in to view the Forum. Guests see the most ads.
*Logged-in Members can turn of the "right bar." You lose some short-cuts, but also lose some ads.
*If viewing on a mobile device (phone or tablet) you can opt to use the iRV2 App instead of visiting on your browser...this reduces the overall load to build each page.

We did not have any major slow-downs documented recently (DOS, server issues, etc) so, as always...if you see a slow-down, clear your cache, cookies, and iRV2 history. These things do help to make the site run faster.

And, THANKS to all our Supporting Members. This helps pay the bills on the Forum, keeping everything running.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:45 AM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpounder View Post
I am using Google chrome. No ad blocker. No special installation.
It takes a couple seconds to do the first level load whereby I can then scroll down the page. There is a status bar on the bottom that shows everything that is loading and that is where I see it taking up to 13 seconds to finish loading.

I also see the icon icon spinning on the browser tab for 13 sec.
There are many alternative browsers available. Many are more privacy orientated. Vivaldi and Epic are just a couple.Opera is another. Using the most popular ones expose you to the most advertisement! I wouldn't touch a Google product with a barge pole.
Cpl Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:51 AM   #23

Loads in a second or two for me. Old laptop, great connection, and 15 ads blocked by my Opera browser. Works fast on my phone with Chrome as well.
tap4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 10:05 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
To add...
*Always log-in to view the Forum. Guests see the most ads.
*Logged-in Members can turn of the "right bar." You lose some short-cuts, but also lose some ads.
*If viewing on a mobile device (phone or tablet) you can opt to use the iRV2 App instead of visiting on your browser...this reduces the overall load to build each page.

We did not have any major slow-downs documented recently (DOS, server issues, etc) so, as always...if you see a slow-down, clear your cache, cookies, and iRV2 history. These things do help to make the site run faster.

And, THANKS to all our Supporting Members. This helps pay the bills on the Forum, keeping everything running.

Best luck
Thanks for responding. I like to just read posts and do not log in unless I want to reply. Using a different computer and browser sill have slow load times and as noted in prior post so called testing sites also show slow speeds.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:02 PM   #25

Quote:
Thanks for responding. I like to just read posts and do not log in unless I want to reply. Using a different computer and browser sill have slow load times and as noted in prior post so called testing sites also show slow speeds.
FWIW, my brower load speeds seemed slow, I refreshed FireFox and it runs faster.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:11 PM   #26

Without any changes on my side the forum is loading faster. I can only guess the ads or sources have changed and some of them were causing the delay.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:19 PM   #27

Quote:
I never log out.

Tags
forum