Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:10 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Well I'm running W-10 , Norton 360 , and Google Chrome .
Got in touch with my provider , download and upload speed 29Mbps, so I guess " Ad Blocker + " will have to be the next step.
I obviously don't know, but in years past I had slowness issues on computers running Norton or Symantec. I know some people run it with no problems, but I'm sure not one of them.

I just run Windows Defender with Windows 10.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2017, 07:53 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdInArk View Post
I do not get the "I'm not a robot" dialog here either. Puzzling.
Watch the first minute of this video and it will explain why and what the 'I'm not a robot" is.

RayDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:47 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDK View Post
Watch the first minute of this video and it will explain why and what the 'I'm not a robot" is.
That's very informative. Thanks.

To be clear, though, I do get CAPTCHAs and the check box for "I'm not a robot" frequently when submitting questions or buying something on other sites. I just don't get them here.

Just for curiosity's sake I tried posting a test reply on this forum using Microsoft Edge with no adblockers loaded, and that worked fine as well.

I know it must be frustrating for folks like me to come on just to say "It works for me." But I hoped maybe knowing exactly what operating system, antivirus, adblocker, browser, etc. others are using that does work would help people who do have problems to narrow it down.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:33 AM   #18

Here's the real frustrating part , for two hours last night , everything was just fine ; and I've only been having the problem for two weeks now.
In this thread I'm not having the problem of delayed , typing appearing on screen , but the last posting I was .

I'm beginning to think the issue may track back to one, or more, forums , and/or, one particular video ad.
Old 06-04-2017, 02:18 PM   #19
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I did not mention the delayed typing in my original post. I do not notice it that much as I look at the keyboard when typing. I am not the fastest typer, but do pretty well with two fingers.

I know IVR2.com makes money of the ads, just wondering where the trade off is, how much money is needed to be made verses how irritating it is for the users.

I also wonder if it wouldn't be possible to grand some dispensation to supporting members?

GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 05:36 AM   #20

Ads, I'm not a robot, music playing, and screen jumping around

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdInArk View Post
My wife loves her iPad. But I'm an old programmer and touch typist and without a real keyboard I'm helpless.

There are some good bluetooth keyboards out there. I picked up a pretty decent one on Amazon for only $19.95. Good sized keys with pleasurable travel. The keyboards are like holsters - you might go through several until you find one that meets all your needs.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:46 AM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I believe there's a setting somewhere in the User CP area where you can turn off some ads. Between that and AdBlock I see no ads when on this site.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:10 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deedeedada View Post
There are some good bluetooth keyboards out there. I picked up a pretty decent one on Amazon for only $19.95. Good sized keys with pleasurable travel. The keyboards are like holsters - you might go through several until you find one that meets all your needs.
Thanks for the input. I do use a cheap wireless keyboard and mouse with my desktop, and it works very well. When traveling, I use the wireless mouse on my laptop.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:47 AM   #23
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Just seems to me that with all the efforts being expended by users of the forum and with some users paying to use the forum (supporters) there should be some relief from the ads. Even if it was only for the paying supporters.

Old 07-20-2017, 12:07 PM   #24
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Isn't there something that can be done on the site level that would make the forum easier to use, ie not be jumping around because of all the ads.

Keep the ads, I do not care, but surely they can be coded so that they do not interfere with the functionality of the forum.

Old 07-20-2017, 03:28 PM   #25
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I'll bump this up the ladder folks. Even with being logged in, having the right column turned off & a blocker, it's impacting my use as well.

L-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:28 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
I'll bump this up the ladder folks. Even with being logged in, having the right column turned off & a blocker, it's impacting my use as well.

L-
With all the free time I have, I have been on this board a lot in the last few days. Something has deteriorated the usability, particularly in the last day. I use a pretty good malware scanner, but I really believe something malicious is being planted or an ad is gumming up the works.

I've cleaned my cache, removed all temp files, and ran disk cleanup. These all helped for a while, but not for long.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:37 PM   #27

It's not necessarily the ads themselves, but the scripts running loading and running the ads. I'm always getting warnings about long running scripts on this site.

Tags
scr