Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2017, 05:04 AM   #1
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Ads, I'm not a robot, music playing, and screen jumping around

The items noted above seem to be coming more prevalent on the forum.

I write some pretty long posts. At the end of a new long post I am prompted by the question Am I a Robot. Some times after clicking I an not a robot the page gets stuck. I have lost several posts that way. I have taken to making a copy of a long post before submitting it. When the I am not a robot first started I was under the impression that it would check once and then be done, also that it was a temporary fix to the hacking that took place. Will this problem be addressed?

The forum seem to becoming loaded with ads. I understand the forum makes money from the ads, just wondering is supporting members could be somewhat shielded from these ads.

When moving from one page to the next the ads seem to take over the loading page. The pages change sizes and shapes until all the ads have loaded. I find it has become necessary to pause on each new page to wait for them to finish, otherwise the cursor will end up in an unwanted spot and I will be taken somewhere I do not want to go.

Occasionally ad music will start playing when going to a new page, very irritating.

This is not some malicious program running on my computer. I am on other forums, including my own, and these problems do not occur on those forums.

Thanks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2017, 05:09 AM   #2

I've lost a few long posts on this and other forums the same way.

If I'm planning a long, detailed post now, I'll usually compose it in Word or Notepad then copy and paste it in its entirety.

I know. It's an extra step we shouldn't have to take, but it's one I'm willing to take to avoid the frustration.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:35 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post

The items noted above seem to be coming more prevalent on the forum.

I write some pretty long posts. At the end of a new long post I am prompted by the question Am I a Robot. Some times after clicking I an not a robot the page gets stuck. I have lost several posts that way. I have taken to making a copy of a long post before submitting it. When the I am not a robot first started I was under the impression that it would check once and then be done, also that it was a temporary fix to the hacking that took place. Will this problem be addressed?

The forum seem to becoming loaded with ads. I understand the forum makes money from the ads, just wondering is supporting members could be somewhat shielded from these ads.

When moving from one page to the next the ads seem to take over the loading page. The pages change sizes and shapes until all the ads have loaded. I find it has become necessary to pause on each new page to wait for them to finish, otherwise the cursor will end up in an unwanted spot and I will be taken somewhere I do not want to go.

Occasionally ad music will start playing when going to a new page, very irritating.

This is not some malicious program running on my computer. I am on other forums, including my own, and these problems do not occur on those forums.

Thanks
I hear ya. In general the whole internet experience is becoming annoying. I also have written some long emails and have learned to save my thoughts every couple of minutes. It just stinks having to re-write the same things over and over when your computer gets stuck or your writings just disappear.

With the 'I am not a robot' thing; I've typed what I thought the distorted numbers and letters were and was told it was incorrect. The they give you a new set to try to figure out.

What I hate the most are the pages similar to "The ten best blah, blah, blah in America". When you click on them they might show number 10 then they force you to go to the next page to continue. Each time you do that all new ads start to pop up. If the internet is slow at that time you have to sit and wait, and wait, to get all the way to number 1. As soon as I see that happening, I go to somewhere else on the web.

There is one news page that when I open it, a video with sound starts to play. In order to pause it, I have to scroll down a ways. I even went to the page's preference section and clicked the button to stop videos from automatically playing. However the next time I visit that page, they start up again.

It's no wonder that people are installing ad blockers on their computers. At least when Facebook does ads, they appear as a regular post so it's easy to just scroll past them if you are not interested.
RayDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:59 AM   #4

I'm having similar issues , sometimes even the letter I type take 3 to 8 seconds to appear on screen . Contacted the support team , cleared my cashe and internet files rebooted the computer , and came back to iRV2 ; same issues .
Trying my desktop instead of my laptop and seeing a lot of the same issues.
Old 06-03-2017, 01:09 PM   #5
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
I am using my desk top, I run Malware and McAfee scans daily.

The issues seem to be getting worse over long period of time (since the I'm not a robot)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-03-2017, 01:17 PM   #6

I'm really having no trouble here. I'm running Windows 10 with Google Chrome. I do run AdBlock +, which says it blocked 17 ads on this page.

I do not get the "I'm not a robot" dialog here either. Puzzling.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:38 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Run the iRV2 app on a tablet or phone and most of this annoyance is not present.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 03:10 PM   #8
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
Run the iRV2 app on a tablet or phone and most of this annoyance is not present.
I have no tablet, and have just a dumb phone to make calls on, no smart phone.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-03-2017, 03:23 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Quote:
I have no tablet, and have just a dumb phone to make calls on, no smart phone.

I never use a computer any more since I got my iPad .....it works so much better.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:59 PM   #10
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Because I am stuck in the past I am forced to endure these problems?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-03-2017, 04:03 PM   #11
Community Moderator

Quote:

Isn't that the way it always is - lol ?

If you don't trade in your horse for a "horseless carriage" you are stuck smelling horse stuff.... lol
Old 06-03-2017, 06:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
I never use a computer any more since I got my iPad .....it works so much better.
My wife loves her iPad. But I'm an old programmer and touch typist and without a real keyboard I'm helpless.

It's great, though, that we live in a time when there can be so many different types of devices to suit our individual needs and communicate on one Internet.
Old 06-03-2017, 06:13 PM   #13

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Speaking as one who still prefers a full size keyboard, I'm on a desktop computer (and also a netbook when traveling) and have none of the problems you're experiencing. I do run Ad Blocker+. I wish I didn't have to since advertising helps support the forum, but the blinking, flashing, and jumping ads was just too annoying. I'm running Windows 10 and Mozilla Firefox and the combination works well for me. Tablets are nice for putting out a couple of lines, but way too slow for me.
Old 06-03-2017, 08:44 PM   #14

Well I'm running W-10 , Norton 360 , and Google Chrome .
Got in touch with my provider , download and upload speed 29Mbps, so I guess " Ad Blocker + " will have to be the next step.

Tags
scr