Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:32 PM   #1

Yesterday I had a nasty trojan & got it fixed but in so doing now I cannot get into the infopop chat. Perhaps the chat is offline?

If the chat works, & there might be a technical issue I can resolve please offer assistance. My HiJackThis logs etc for the cleaning process are located here.

Who knows what else is amiss if this is the first I've found since resolving the PC infection. Thanks for your reply.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2008, 05:32 PM   #2

Yesterday I had a nasty trojan & got it fixed but in so doing now I cannot get into the infopop chat. Perhaps the chat is offline?

If the chat works, & there might be a technical issue I can resolve please offer assistance. My HiJackThis logs etc for the cleaning process are located here.

Who knows what else is amiss if this is the first I've found since resolving the PC infection. Thanks for your reply.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:45 PM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Sorry you're having problems getting into our Chat Rooms. I just went into one of them that has an ongoing chat going with about 10 members participating and said hello and then goodbye. All seems OK here on our end.

Good luck with getting your system back up, I know how frustrating this stuff can get sometimes.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:36 PM   #4

My system is back up & yes it was frustrating.
It's just that the java chat is not working for me now. A casualty I'm afraid.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:12 AM   #5

I am guessing that you are running windows. Did you try running the latest Update? Also, you could try downloading the latest version of Java and re-installing. And of course there is always ctrl-alt-delete Sounds like a corrupted file so the above are the two easiest answers.

2005 Honda Element
bjbkkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:46 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
More than likely you will need to rerun your Java installs for the IE plug ins.

Ken
Old 01-16-2008, 07:24 AM   #7

Well I have determined that the problem is not java related as I can access java chat elsewhere. It seems infopop chat is a flash feature. I have uninstalled adobe flash & reinstalled after a warm boot, still to no avail. Yes Windows updates are current. I prefer to use FireFox rather than IE. Opera doesn't work for this purpose either.

I think the ActiveX component has been blocked by some setting in Nod32 Anti-Virus program. With both my parents ill at the moment there is not much time to fool with it beyond what is already invested. BUT I love a good computing challenge!

EDIT = So I guess I will need to setup my desktop computer if I want to visit iRV2 chat friends until I figure out what I can do to fix this. If they see this thread they will know why I'm absent...
Hi ya'll
Old 01-16-2008, 10:10 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I run Fire Fox and have access to the chat rooms. I did have some problems until I did a fresh reinstall of EVERYTHING and the problem was corrected.

Ken
Old 01-16-2008, 11:06 AM   #9

Every once in awhile I will start feeling very good about my Windows troubleshooting skills and then get my eyes opened by a problem like this. I always end up humbled back on my Mac

2005 Honda Element
bjbkkb is offline   Reply With Quote