Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2011, 07:57 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Android App questions

I am out in the stocks with limited internet, so I am trying to keep up with the forum on my Droid incredible. Have a couple of issues that may be operator headstone.
1 when I try to set certain forums as favorites, the help file says to go to the Android menu --> favorites. I can't find the favorites link, any ideas?
2 As I am scrolling through the posts since last visit, at a random point when I click the show more posts button, the system repeats the last three threads no matter how many times I click the ahow more threads button. If I refresh the page, the show more threads button just goes away. I would think that I was at the end of the new posts, but the count was only at 51 of 76 at the time. Any thoughts on how I might be fooling this up?
Cum catapultae proscriptae soli proscript catapultas habebunt
gray ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Isn't the Incredible a Sprint phone? If so, and you have a solid 3G connection try downloading and installing the PdaNet App on you phone and laptop. This will allow you to tether you laptop to the phone. This is what I do when I'm in an area with poor or no WiFi. A trial version of PdaNet can be downloaded for free at PdaNet -- USB Tether/Bluetooth DUN for Android. Unlike some tethering apps PdaNet does not require you to root your phone in order to use it.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:57 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We are on Verizon and the fees for doing the tether are pretty steep, but thanks.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Not all forum features are available via the app and not all Droids can use all app features.

If you feel the app is not working properly, the standard procedure is to reinstall the app.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:14 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
I also have Verizon and a Droid. I use Pdanet and connect laptop to Droid and there is no charge. I am grandfathered for unlimited for internet usage. You may have a limit on yours, just saying. Pdanet works real well and simple to operate.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:14 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I just figured it was a headstone and timing issue on my part. Your answer about different phones having different abilities makes sense. Thank you.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray ghost View Post
I am out in the stocks with limited internet, so I am trying to keep up with the forum on my Droid incredible. Have a couple of issues that may be operator headstone.
1 when I try to set certain forums as favorites, the help file says to go to the Android menu --> favorites. I can't find the favorites link, any ideas?
2 As I am scrolling through the posts since last visit, at a random point when I click the show more posts button, the system repeats the last three threads no matter how many times I click the ahow more threads button. If I refresh the page, the show more threads button just goes away. I would think that I was at the end of the new posts, but the count was only at 51 of 76 at the time. Any thoughts on how I might be fooling this up?
I may not be understanding you correctly, so if not, I'm sorry. I have a Droid HTC Inspire, with AT&T. When you open your web browser and go to the site that you want to save, e.g. www.irv2.com. Hit the menu button on the bottom of your phone, to the right of you home button. You should see some buttons pop up, one of which is ADD BOOKMARK. Press that, and another page comes up with the name & URL for the site. Hit the ADD button, and it saves the bookmark. Then.....when you want to return to that particular page, open you browser, click on bookmarks, and a list will open showing the pages that you've bookmarked. Tap on the one that you want, and it'll take you to that page. Then to the top right of your browser, your should see a round continous arrow/circle. If you tap that, it'll refresh the page. At the bottom right, you can go to the next page or different pages. Hope this is what you were asking, and that it works for you. :>) This would only work through the website. It wouldn't work with the dedicated app for IRV2.
bigcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:01 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I appreciate your time, I understand how to bookmark in the browser, I was trying to find a way to use the app more efficiently.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray ghost View Post
I appreciate your time, I understand how to bookmark in the browser, I was trying to find a way to use the app more efficiently.
Yeah, I didn't think it was that simple, but you never know. :>) I work with some folks that are "technology challenged". ;>) Actually, I'm married to someone like that. LOL Sorry I wasn't a help, but I had to give it a shot.
bigcritter is offline   Reply With Quote