Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-08-2005, 04:32 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
My avatar is not coming up on my posts. Just the dreaded "x". I reset the URL but it's still no good. Assistance would be appreciated.

Edit: of course it came up on this post! It dose not come up consistantly. My last post under the New Rig section is the last one that came up "x".

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2005, 04:32 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
My avatar is not coming up on my posts. Just the dreaded "x". I reset the URL but it's still no good. Assistance would be appreciated.

Edit: of course it came up on this post! It dose not come up consistantly. My last post under the New Rig section is the last one that came up "x".

Old 06-08-2005, 06:19 AM   #3

While I haven't had a problem with my avatar, I have noticed in looking at some past threads today, that some posters avatars are fine, while others are the "red x". Not sure why this happens either, but I don't believe the issue is with my computer.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:49 AM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
I have the dreaded "X" on my avatar today.... maybe later it will be OK....maybe the site has a slight case of PMS today?

don
Old 06-08-2005, 09:26 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Check to see if you photo is larger than the allowed pixel limits.

Ken
Old 06-08-2005, 12:45 PM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

Location: FULLTIMERS - currently wintering in Rochester, NY - Goin\' places, Makin\' friends, Havin\' fun!
The problem occurred because of a Photo Gallery update that happened over the weekend.

Amoung many other improvements, the Photo gallery now creates three sizes of all photos:

Thumb (or avatar size)

Medium

Regular (or large)

Rather than deal with the unpredictabilities of the picture occasionally appearing, I would go back to the picture you want to use as your avatar and follow this procedure:

Right click on the Thumb Sized picture you are selecting for your avatar and in the box that appears, click "properties". In the properties box, hold your left mouse button down and drag your cursor over the "Address URL" so it is highlighted. Right click on the highlighted part and then in the box that appears, left click "copy". (you're done copying your new or updated URL)

Click "Go" in the light blue tool bar at the left top of any forum page, then place your cursor over "My Space" and then click "Profile". In the profile box that appears, click "View/Edit Complete Profile"

Go down to the Avatar section and click on "Edit". In the box that appears, click "Custom Avatar". Put your cursor at the left side of "http" in the URL address block and hold down your keyboards "Delete" key until the block is clear.

Leaving your cursor in the same address block, right click and in the box that appears, left click on "Paste". (you're done pasting your new or updated URL)

Click the "Update Avatar" button and you're done. It should appear immediately in the Edit Avatar box.

Plus, for many of you, you just learned how to copy and paste!

It usually takes a while for the avatar to appear in your posts but it will show up immediately in your profile page if you followed these steps properly.

If it's not appearing there, you need to go back through these steps.

Dave
[b]NASCAR FANS - Carl Edwards #99 & Ryan Newman #12![/col
RVrs R US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 02:07 PM   #7

I am having same avitar problem. I just went through the above process two times and no avitar is coming up in "my profile" which if I understand you correctly should have changed instantly (not taking the two hrs. to appear in the posts)

SOmething is broke...lets get a BIGGER hammer
Old 06-09-2005, 03:51 AM   #8
Administrator Emeritus

Location: FULLTIMERS - currently wintering in Rochester, NY - Goin\' places, Makin\' friends, Havin\' fun!
Two Bit, as of 7:48 AM, your avatar pic is operational in your profile (using my instructions above by the way)

And as of 7:52, it has appeared in your post.

Dave
[b]NASCAR FANS - Carl Edwards #99 & Ryan Newman #12![/col
RVrs R US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 05:03 AM   #9

Thank you for putting Murphy back on the Avitar. She is much happier now. I was trying to fix it but Murphy was reading the instructions to me as I was typing and was reading faster than I type. Next time I'll read and let her do the typing
Old 06-09-2005, 01:19 PM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Thanks, Dave.

Thought that maybe my lil' Orange Truck had bad breath or something....

don