Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:21 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by jminyard View Post
I guess we may as well resign ourselves to the fact that we're never gonna have a cure the the back arrow problem. I find it incredible that someone isn't smart enough to figure out why we only have it on this website!
If, instead of just clicking the back button, you hold the button down you will see that you may see a list of ads that you would have to click through in order to get back to the page you need. Other times there are no ads to click through and the back button will work with just one click. This happens to me sometimes when I use IE7, IE Vista, IE XP, Firefox, and Chrome. Hold the left button over the back arrow. Highlight where you want to return to and you will go there.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2011, 04:30 PM   #142
CD

Also hold alt & click left arrow for back or right arrow for forward.
I've learned all kinds of things here.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:20 PM   #143

Occasionally, I still incounter the back arrow problem here. What I have noticed though is if I look at the back arrow recent history page list there is some additional pages listed (you never went too) between current page and the page you came from. This is what is causing the problem. Next time it happens I will grab the extra page information.

BTW - The recent page drop down list is the one that allows you to jump directly from a thead to the root IRV2 (iRV2 - RV Forum Community). You will see the pages causing the problem in that list.

Dave
Classic Winnebago Site: http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:00 PM   #144

OK the offending pages creating the problem are:

http://a.rfi.com/sed?w=160&h=600&re

and

http://a.rfi.com/sed?w=300&h=250&re

Associated with a ad block just below your mobil app ad, right column (web page not found) in a HTML IFRAME like window. Trying to produce a web page from an external site (a.rfi.com) which does not appear to exist.

You have to use the back button drop down menu to go back at least 3 pages to get past the coding errors to select a valid IRV2 web page

Dave

The offending sub window

The extra back button pages it creates:

Old 12-14-2011, 07:45 PM   #145

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Yup, there's yer problem right there, you're using IE instead of FireFox with Ad-Block Plus .
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:55 PM   #146

Oh No!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:30 PM   #147

Before I install FF, tell me something Neck. When you hover over a thread title and the window with the first few sentences pops up, what is the hang time with FF? With Opera, it's like, till the cows come home.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:42 AM   #148

Gulf Streamers Club
Chrome
Old 12-15-2011, 08:50 AM   #149
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
jminyard, what browser are you using?

I'm using IE8

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:04 AM   #150
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I just discovered that I can hold the "Backspace" button on my keyboard down for about a second and it works just like the "back arrow" is supposed to! I tried it several times and it seems to work every time. Even holding it down for several seconds it only moves back to the last page I was on! Praise the Lord!

Old 12-15-2011, 09:20 AM   #151

Ford Super Duty Owner
Post 54 was close. Add http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/page to Restricted Sites under the Security tab and to sites under the Privacy tab. I don't know which entry actualy fixed it, but it is fixed for me and no popup about a add on not loading. I hate Google.
I have tried Fire Fox, Chrome and others, they all have issues. For MY software and applications and a lot of other people IE works the best.
As for hitting various keys and tabs I DON'T WANT TO. I want this website to work like all other websites I visit. Now it does.
When a person has a problem and posts it on a forum they are seeking help. NOT THERES YOUR PROBLEM YOUR NOT DOING IT MY WAY.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:15 AM   #152

Entegra Owners Club
Earlier this summer when this thread started, the Back Space Key problem was driving me nut's and I had tried everything my very limited PC know-how could come up with and no success. My backspace key or backspace arrow would not work on iRV2 and a few other random sites w/o doing "refresh's, logon/out's, etc, etc.

Early in this thread a poster suggested doing some resets to IE and gave a brief description of how/what to reset. As I was out of options I gave it a try. I did the resets, rebooted the laptop and have never had one backspace problem since, August I think.

My 2c worth???
Pat

I use Wind 7, Aol 9
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:33 AM   #153

MS did an automatic update on my desktop yesterday, now IE8 is all different. They seem to think they know what is better for me. Argggg... I hate MS. Will try a restore. I had auto updates turned off, but every time I run Malwarebytes, it turns it back on.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:34 AM   #154
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipshot View Post
Post 54 was close. Add http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/page to Restricted Sites under the Security tab and to sites under the Privacy tab. I don't know which entry actualy fixed it, but it is fixed for me and no popup about a add on not loading. I hate Google.
I have tried Fire Fox, Chrome and others, they all have issues. For MY software and applications and a lot of other people IE works the best.
As for hitting various keys and tabs I DON'T WANT TO. I want this website to work like all other websites I visit. Now it does.
When a person has a problem and posts it on a forum they are seeking help. NOT THERES YOUR PROBLEM YOUR NOT DOING IT MY WAY.
It's a miracle! It works! Thank you SO MUCH!