Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #155

Ford Super Duty Owner
Glad to help Joe. I had been having the same problem for a couple of months. I did not post until know as I did not have a solution to our problem.
This may work on other sites that sieze control of the back button. Right click on the back button and you will see what is happening when you click it, then block that string.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2011, 12:21 PM   #156

Ahhh, power of words and pictures!

They removed the offending ad panel from the display. Sneaky devils!

Classic Winnebago Site: http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #157

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Before I install FF, tell me something Neck. When you hover over a thread title and the window with the first few sentences pops up, what is the hang time with FF? With Opera, it's like, till the cows come home.
It depends on how the designer set the internal timer for the "Title=" tag on their HTML translator. Its supposed to only last between 15-30 seconds as they're not meant to be a large descriptive block, just a short 1-2 title describing what your mouse is over.

Most code designers (web sites etc..) are a bit lazy as it requires more technical time to make a little CSS based window hover (Requires writing up Javascript that is cross browser compatible) that will stay open as long as the mouse is over the object that is calling it, so they use the pop up title/alt tag instead which is meant as a short few second notifier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipshot View Post
Post 54 was close. Add http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/page to Restricted Sites under the Security tab and to sites under the Privacy tab. I don't know which entry actualy fixed it, but it is fixed for me and no popup about a add on not loading. I hate Google.
I have tried Fire Fox, Chrome and others, they all have issues. For MY software and applications and a lot of other people IE works the best.
As for hitting various keys and tabs I DON'T WANT TO. I want this website to work like all other websites I visit. Now it does.
When a person has a problem and posts it on a forum they are seeking help. NOT THERES YOUR PROBLEM YOUR NOT DOING IT MY WAY.
I.E. is one of the worst browsers out there for actually following HTML design specifications, they tend to create their own version of things, which don't work right when they encounter websites written to pure HTML standards. It also doesn't have any free ad-blocking plug ins to strip the ads out of a webpage as you view it that work as effectively as the ones available for Firefox.

I use Firefox and I don't see a single ad anywhere on this site or any other, my browser is not hijacked by aggressive Javascript code designed to try and force the ad on you, like the link tracker that is being used by some of the ads being run on this site.

Also, I don't run the risk of accidentally loading malicious code onto my system as Firefox doesn't support Active X, which is a notorious means of hijacking IE browser systems to load Worms onto a system.

I used to be a hard core IE user once, last IE I used was IE 6, IE 7 was a mess and 8 was a slight improvement, 9 got better, but the design is somewhat counter intuitive to me.

IE 10, we will have to wait and see, I've played with the earlier version at work since we already have RC versions of WIndows 8.

Oh, and for those that have temporary relief from blocking "http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/page", this will only last till it oscillates to the next one in line, that URL is loaded by a javascript function that randomizes which one of the 100s of those URLs it uses, the only sure fire way to end the suffering is to use a browser with ad blocking software that is smart enough to stop the scripts before they load.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:22 PM   #158

You didn't answer my question.

On this forum(actually any), if you place your mouse cursor over a thread title, how long does the window stay up if you leave you mouse cursor over the thread title.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #159

Heartland RV Club
Quote:
You didn't answer my question.

On this forum(actually any), if you place your mouse cursor over a thread title, how long does the window stay up if you leave you mouse cursor over the thread title.
Mine stays up for 10 seconds...if it stays up for more than 4 hours...that's another issue
www.mudflapscampingclub.com
Tallyrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #160

Dunner and Red,
What Red is saying is true. What Red may not understand is that Opera can override the "standard" balloon timeout value allowing the balloon to stay visible as long as the cursor remains over the link object. You are both correct from the perspective you are coming from.

Dave

Edit - Opps I meant to say Red is correct for "most" web browsers
Old 12-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #161

Just checked I.E.8 stays up for ~6 seconds. Chrome 15.*. is 10 seconds. I suspect that FF does not stay up either. Opera has alway stayed up for as long as the cursor is over a thread title on any forum that has that feature enabled.

Edit: I'm a slow reader.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:41 PM   #162

I haven't tried Chrome, but IE is noticeably slower loading the exact same thread or site than Opera. The only problem with Opera, is that a lot of sites do not recognize it. Opera does have an option to Mask or Identify as IE or FF, which does help when sites refuse to work.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:18 PM   #163

Gulf Streamers Club
y o u r a s l o w w w r e a d e r D u n n e r. T r y t o K e e p t h e a r r o w m o v i n g a b i t.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:17 PM   #164

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
I haven't tried Chrome, but IE is noticeably slower loading the exact same thread or site than Opera. The only problem with Opera, is that a lot of sites do not recognize it. Opera does have an option to Mask or Identify as IE or FF, which does help when sites refuse to work.
I've used Opera, it's pretty decent for a Mozilla clone, but they also did a bit of a Microsoft in that Opera also doesn't completely follow standards either, but does their own thing.

As I said, the feature that developers are using to do that nifty little summary thing was never meant to stay up with a large block of text for any length of time, it was meant for use as a 1-2 word identifier so that someone could mouse over say a picture and it would pop up with a brief title/description of what the object being displayed is.

IPB in 3.2 has moved away from this in that they actually have a hidden pane that will appear if you leave your mouse over a title long enough.

vBulletin could be adapted to do the same as well by doing a skin modification so that it would do likewise, but that would have to be done on the server side.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #165
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Amazing! It still works today!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:34 AM   #166

Ford Super Duty Owner
Mine 2
Old 12-16-2011, 11:13 AM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by jminyard View Post
Amazing! It still works today!
You can now get to that todo list.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #168

Well, depends on what time today you mean. They tried a test early this morning by adding the offending ad block back in. Sorry to say it failed once again so, they removed it again. How I manage to pop in at these moments I'll never know!

I am just thankful that the webmaster/developer is testing it before commiting to it!

Dave