Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2 Forum Issues
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have the same experiences on two laptops and one desktop, and only on this site. It is intermittent however which makes it even more frustrating.

Coached is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #30
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
I'm sorry you are having this issue, but chances are good that it's an IE error and not something we can fix. The reason this is intermittent is that it's probably related to some image load getting interrupted or failing. When that happens IE decides that 'ooops there is an error on the page' and hangs. You can go forward but not backwards at that point. Your choices are to change browsers (Firefox is free), try an ad blocker, learn to click on the breadcrumb links at the top of the page to return to where you were earlier. It's the same number of clicks - just in a different location.

Attachment 12848
Then tell me WHY it's only happening on this website, and WHY it just started happening a short time ago, and WHY it's suddenly happening with so many people?? Somebody should be smart enough to figure out what's wrong with this website ! This is extremely frustrating!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:32 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have now found that to make the back arrow button work I have to hit the "refresh" button, then the arrow.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #32

Go to Internet options and clear your cookies and history, then reboot - bet that will clear the problem...

Believe it or not, it'a a problem with your PC, not this board...
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:38 PM   #33

Jim,

If you search for "Internet Explorer back button problems", you will find a bunch of information, including some from Microsoft. The problem may be limited to this web site for you, but it appears to be a common problem.

Liz

(who doesn't use IE unless Firefox doesn't work for a particular web site)
Old 08-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #34

Tried cookie clearing and refreshing, neither helped. Yes it is my pc, my mac works fine, but there is also some involvement with this site as it doesn't happen on any others. The problem seems to be in the interaction between the two. I'm running XP Pro ver 5.1.2600 Service pack 3 IE 8.0.6001.18702
srydve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:51 AM   #35
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
Go to Internet options and clear your cookies and history, then reboot - bet that will clear the problem...

Believe it or not, it'a a problem with your PC, not this board...
Tried that, didn't help! If it's a problem with my PC, why does it work sometimes and not other times? And why do I only have the problem on this website? And why are so many other people SUDDENLY having the same problem? The settings on the PC don't change.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:10 AM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
I'm running 3 PCs. The two at home (an HP desktop and HP laptop) are using Windows 7 and the latest version of IE. The one at the office (a docked Dell laptop) is using Windows XP and IE 7. None of them have displayed this "back arrow" problem on this or any other forum.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:27 AM   #37

Like I said before.
Instead of using the button you can use the little down arrow next to the forward arrow. Click on that and a list should pop-up of previous pages. From the list you can select any previous page.
garym114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:17 AM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ctrl + click and use page tabs instead

Joe, I've been following this thread for a while because I was interested in the answers given. It seems you are still having difficulties. I'm sorry I don't have a fix for you but maybe a work-around that I use instead of using the back button. I have had problems with the back button in the past and I am at a point where I seldom use it at all now.

I use the mouse in combination with the Control (Ctrl) key. Hold down the control key when you click on what ever. This opens a new tab. You will have to click on the new tab to view it but this leaves your original page in tact. I have had very many tabs open at the same time to be able to work from page to page (tab to tab) without loosing my place on the original page.
I do not like using my touch pad on my laptop so I attach and use a wheel mouse. Now if you use a wheel mouse like I do, you can press the 'wheel click' and this will also open a new tab, (instead of using Ctrl+click).

The 'Backspace' key works just like the Back Button when in Internet Explorer. I'm not sure if it will work when you are having trouble with the "Back Button" in navigating in Internet Explorer, . . but it might be worth a try.

I hope this helps a little until you can get the problem resolved for good.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #39
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkersRanch View Post
Joe, I've been following this thread for a while because I was interested in the answers given. It seems you are still having difficulties. I'm sorry I don't have a fix for you but maybe a work-around that I use instead of using the back button. I have had problems with the back button in the past and I am at a point where I seldom use it at all now.

I use the mouse in combination with the Control (Ctrl) key. Hold down the control key when you click on what ever. This opens a new tab. You will have to click on the new tab to view it but this leaves your original page in tact. I have had very many tabs open at the same time to be able to work from page to page (tab to tab) without loosing my place on the original page.
I do not like using my touch pad on my laptop so I attach and use a wheel mouse. Now if you use a wheel mouse like I do, you can press the 'wheel click' and this will also open a new tab, (instead of using Ctrl+click).

The 'Backspace' key works just like the Back Button when in Internet Explorer. I'm not sure if it will work when you are having trouble with the "Back Button" in navigating in Internet Explorer, . . but it might be worth a try.

I hope this helps a little until you can get the problem resolved for good.
I appreciate you trying to help, but none of this works either IF I am doing it right.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:09 AM   #40

Commercial Member

My back arrow doesn't seem to work only on this site also......
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:21 AM   #41
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Have a read - lots of good help here:

IE8 - Back button not working - Microsoft Answers

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #42

The more I play with it the more confused I get. The back button will work on all of the irv2 places except on the forums. Seems like irv2 has a problem with their website only in the forums. Hope you get it fixed soon.
Good Luck, Indiana Journey