Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #1

Back Button

This just might be setting on my computer but, if im reading a post and there is i link to another site, if i click on the link i can't click on my back button and return to previos page. I have to go back to browser a bring this web site back up from the beginning. Anyone?
Thanks, David
justustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #2

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Are you sure you're not opening a new window in your browser and the site you linked from is still there on another tab? Not sure how IE works, but with Firefox, the tabs shows just above the window being viewed.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:17 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Typically a link opens up a new window. You can't go "back" from the first screen in a new window to the previous window.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:07 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you are using Firefox, just click on "file" ( upper left corner ) and then click on "close tab".

Good luck,
Don
dmdrj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:27 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
justustwo,

If your using AOL I can understand anything that doesn't work correctly-
Old 01-19-2011, 08:44 AM   #6

I'm using internet explorer. I can do this on other sites, when i click on a link, click back button and go back to previos page . When i try that on this site the backbutton and forward buttons are just white in color, can't do anything except x out and go back to desk top then bring up broswer and start over again.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:49 AM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Which version of IE are you using? You shouldn't have to shut down IE in its entirety. You may, however, have to close the new window when you're through with it and then select the desired tab, even if you have to reach it by clicking on the desired IE application that's open on the toolbar.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #8

Thanks Rusty.
I have the lastest IE, i think 8?
Old 01-19-2011, 11:35 AM   #9
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have a friend that calls that "Internet Exploder."

Check you options to see how you have it configured. A link on this forum will open another tab or window, depending on how it is configured. If you are just moving around within the forum you should be able to use the back button. Again, check your configuration in IE to see how you have it set to open - same window - another window - tab.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote