Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2012, 06:57 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Thumbs down Back button not working in IE-9

For whatever reason the BACK button (Arrow in title window) as well as the right-click menu "Back" selection, and use of the Alt-left arrow keyboard buttons will not work with Internet Explorer Version 9. I don't have any Add-Ons that didn't come with the program added so I can't see that its my system only causing the problem. These choices (button's etc.) all work fine on other web sites, forums, etc. Also, I have Google Chrome installed and it works fine in the IRV2 web forum.

Also, IRV2 is very slow displaying the pages. I'm on a 4G Network which is very fast.

So I'm wondering if there's a known issue with IE-9?
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #2

iRV2 No Limits Club
We have IE7 and have this problem once in a while.

When it happens, we have to click the back arrow 4-5 times in a row and then it goes back.

The problem seems to fix itself in a few days.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
The back button works with IE9 on my computer.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #4
YC1

I am having the same issue. Very frustrating. Can sometimes get it to work but the timing of the mouse clicks seems to be an issue.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm sorry you are having trouble and think this may be a cookie or cache issue possibly related to the security settings you have in your browser. We occasionally see these complaints, but the only way I can replicate them is to set my security settings to very high. Can you try specifically enabling cookie exchange with the site?

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #6
YC1

I wnt to Tools, security, and hit the Reset the security settings. The back key now works. Thanks for the suggestions.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #7

If you get stuck again, ALT+LEFT works.
DonDee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #8
YC1

Don, what or where is the left key? My back key is working better now but not perfect.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Don, what or where is the left key? My back key is working better now but not perfect.
There's an up, a right, a down and a left key with corresponding arrows (deltas) .
DonDee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #10
YC1

Ok, if it doesn't work, read the instructions. If it still doesn't work, follow them. As in the Alt key versus the ctrl key. The alt < key combination seems to be working. Thanks. Strange it does not do this on other sites or with other computers I use. Of course some have Win 7, Explorer 8 etc.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:19 AM   #11

Back button not working on iRV2

Why does the back button on iRV2 not work?
It works on everything else and other sites.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:36 AM   #12

Sometimes when I am on another site and go to IRV2 the back button does not work. The site I was on does not close out and the back button for lack of better clarity stays with the previous site. I have to go to the task bar and click that site off. After that I have the back button. Not saying that is your problem but I am on IRV2 now and have the back button.
trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:58 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Works fine for me. What operating system do you use. Also, what browser are you using...version, etc...also what up dates.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #14
YC1

Trackman that is an interesting observation. I will give that idea a try. I don't seem to have problems with my Windows 7 desktop. My laptop is running Vista I think. I have one that runs XP and it works fine.