Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:17 AM   #1

Can I edit my post?

I see that the list at the bottom shows "You may edit your post", but I do not see any way to edit my post... no Edit button.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2015, 10:19 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
You only have about 45-60 minutes to do so, then the edit button is gone.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectraguy View Post
I see that the list at the bottom shows "You may edit your post", but I do not see any way to edit my post... no Edit button.
Vectraguy
You can edit your recently posted message by clicking on at the bottom your posted message.

However the ability to edit a post "times out" and the disappears 45-60 minutes after a message is posted.

Mel
'96 Safari
Old 05-10-2015, 10:43 AM   #4
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Members can edit their posts up to 60 minutes after posting.

After that, please contact the Help Desk via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the forum page for assistance with editing.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 11:07 AM   #5

Well, this is unfortunate. I tend to post a question and walk away for a while and if I realize a mistake or want to change an image I cannot do that. I feel this should work like every other forum and allow ownership of a post to the person that created it.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:40 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just post an update if the initial edit period has expired...while ownership of a post is great, edits made later could confuse the posts that follow in a thread.

And, as Dirk (Route66) posted, the site staff can correct things if needed later.

Forums benefit from an exchange of ideas and updates from the OP are typically good - especially when a problem resolution is found.

Thanks for contributing
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 01:11 PM   #7

I was about to ask the same question about why we can no longer Edit our own posts, when I saw this.
I agree this is a silly policy. Many of us are multi tasking when we're replying to questions here. Just because I went to finish lunch, or answer a phone call and don't catch my spelling/grammar/wording mistakes in 45 mins, I'm prevented from making any corrections. I'm sure not going to bother staff or make a whole new post just to make a few corrections.
its these type of dumb & annoying policies that drive helpers away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectraguy View Post
Well, this is unfortunate.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:04 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
I was about to ask the same question about why we can no longer Edit our own posts, when I saw this.
I agree this is a silly policy. Many of us are multi tasking when we're replying to questions here. Just because I went to finish lunch, or answer a phone call and don't catch my spelling/grammar/wording mistakes in 45 mins, I'm prevented from making any corrections. I'm sure not going to bother staff or make a whole new post just to make a few corrections.
its these type of dumb & annoying policies that drive helpers away
This is very unfortunate if you cannot edit your own posting. I just realized this morning that I had made an error in spelling in a post I made last night. I spent a considerable amount of wasted time looking for a way to edit. This will deter me from making a post in the future. What a shame!
journey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:16 AM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by journey15 View Post
This is very unfortunate if you cannot edit your own posting. I just realized this morning that I had made an error in spelling in a post I made last night. I spent a considerable amount of wasted time looking for a way to edit. This will deter me from making a post in the future. What a shame!

Don't worry about it! Half the posts on here have spelling errors!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:25 PM   #10
1977-2006

Newmar Owners Club
I discovered this issue this morning. Whatever the reason for the policy, I don't like it.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:37 PM   #11

Mid Atlantic Campers
At the end of the day who cares? Enjoy life and forget the little grammar mistakes. LOL
Old 11-09-2015, 07:36 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
I discovered this issue this morning. Whatever the reason for the policy, I don't like it.
USMCRET
If you feel it is necessary to change or correct something in a message that you posted, (and which you can no longer edit), you can simply post another message and explain that message #XX should read " this", (NOT "that").
Mel
'96 Safari
Old 11-09-2015, 08:16 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
We do have a small window to correct our errors. But, this problem is not only here. A friend of mine, a school principle, signed his name to a phone voice recorded text message "horny" instead of "Ernie". Talk about need to edit!
Rick & Melissa Young & Dawson, 2011 Itasca Meridian 40U, Freightliner XCL, Cummins ISL 380HP/DEF, Allison 3000 MH, 2014 Honda CR-V, SMI AF1, Blue Ox tow equip., TST 507 TPMS, TruCenter steering control, Hughes auto transformer.
Servants On Wheels Ever Ready. Best job we ever paid to do . (full time volunteers)
jerichorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:58 AM   #14
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Members can always contact the Help Desk via the Contact Us link at the bottom of every forum page and we edit your post for you.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote