Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2005, 02:55 PM   #1

For the last month or so I have had a hard time getting onto this forum, i have been a member for a few years now. Did something change? Are the servers busy? Is it just me or are other people having the same problem.
tyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2005, 02:55 PM   #2

For the last month or so I have had a hard time getting onto this forum, i have been a member for a few years now. Did something change? Are the servers busy? Is it just me or are other people having the same problem.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:18 PM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
We're not aware of any problems and you're the first to make such a comment in over a year. I just took a peek and as I write this there are currently 58 members and 80 guests on the forums for a total of 138. Have you tried clearing your 'cookies' and 'Temporary Internet files' to see if that will help?

If there are others having this difficulty, please let us know so we can address this concern appropriately.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:41 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
tyoung,

Have not had any problems from the DSL at home or the T1 connection at work. What type connection are you on? Also, can you get into other sites OK?

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 04:38 AM   #5

I use a dialup connection, i have the same problem when trying to get on the Escapee forum. I think they also use Infopop. No trouble with any other sites.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:11 AM   #6

I've been having the same problem. It happens with this site and with the Lance Owners of America site. If I can't access one of the sites then I can't access the other site and vice versa. I have a dialup connection.
Lance-a-Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 09:47 AM   #7

Still having the same problem. I'm lucky if I can access the forums once a week.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:55 AM   #8
Administrator Emeritus

Location: FULLTIMERS - currently wintering in Rochester, NY - Goin\' places, Makin\' friends, Havin\' fun!
Lance-a-lot:

Do you notice an error message? Can you explain exactly what you see on the screen when you try to access iRV2?

Dave George
[b]NASCAR FANS - Carl Edwards #99 & Ryan Newman #12![/col
RVrs R US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:45 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is what I get when I can not access the forum. I can usually access the website (classified, photos, etc) but have difficulty accessing the forum.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:52 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Was on fourm this afternoon and got dumped around 1:30 pm. JUST got back on and still sign on? When trying to get back AOL said you didn't exsist. Everything now OK. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 03:58 AM   #11
Administrator Emeritus

Location: FULLTIMERS - currently wintering in Rochester, NY - Goin\' places, Makin\' friends, Havin\' fun!
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> <span class="ev_code_RED">The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings </span>

This is what I get when I can not access the forum. I can usually access the website (classified, photos, etc) but have difficulty accessing the forum </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm, rarely does that happen to me. (except for yesterday) Maybe I'm trying to access the forums at different times than you are and don't realize the problem.

It may be as simple as changing your own computer settings. Are you comfortable with accessing and changing these?

Or it may be a problem with Groupee. To determine that, it would be a great help if you would keep track of the days and times it happens and post them here or E-mail them to us at DGeorge@iRV2.comso we can create an error log.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When trying to get back AOL said you didn't exsist. Everything now OK. "007" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That happened to me yesterday afternoon also but it cleared up about the same time Hurricane Wilma left Florida and went out in the Atlantic. It sure was a wild morning!

Dave
Old 11-21-2005, 07:37 PM   #12

I had a problem signing on a few days ago. It said I needed to activate my account first. I noticed all my posts prior to this month do not have my signature and avatar also. I went ahead and (re)activated my account, went to my profile, and all my stuff was there. I posted once, and my signature & avatar were there. My previous posts still did not have my sig in them though. I thought that was strange.

1999 Chevy Tahoe K1500 350 w/3:73 gear ratio
AnneW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 02:02 AM   #13
Administrator Emeritus

This one was our fault Anne. We accidently changed a setting in a control panel that requested members to activate their account.

That's been fixed so you shouldn't see that message again.

Dave
Old 11-23-2005, 12:54 PM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RVrs R US:
This one was our fault Anne. We accidently changed a setting in a control panel that requested members to activate their account.

That's been fixed so you shouldn't see that message again.

Dave </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ohhhhh, OK! I thought maybe it was because I'd been messing with my computer's settings and it choked...

1999 Chevy Tahoe K1500 350 w/3:73 gear ratio
AnneW is offline   Reply With Quote