Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Contributions to iRV2

Is there anyway available via the site to make a contribution to iRV2 beyond becoming a supporter? I suppose a check could be mailed but signatory and mailing info would be required. The Paypal or visa method via a button push on site might get pushed a few times. Maybe something via the store - instead of a gift card - a contribution "card" in some varying amounts. Just a thought.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
I'm too cheap to make a cash contribution, but I do feel some obligation to "pay my way" somehow. Everything costs somebody something, right? As your post points out, this IS somebody's way of making a living, after all....by way of advertising revenues, I think.

With that in mind, I don't block the ads, and make it my business to even click on a fair number of them. (I think that the more clicks that come from the site, the more revenue. Or that's my theory, anyway.)

It doesn't seem to make my spamfile fill up, and even if it did, who cares? Let 'em crawl up my leg all they want- Wild Horses couldn't make me actually buy anything!

The only down side to this approach has been that lately there's an ad that's starting to bug me some: it's for a T-shirt company that features whatchamightcall a Blonde Cupcake wearing not-quite-enough t-shirt, if you know what I mean...

She seems to be following me around from thread to thread, and it's getting a little annoying. If there's a way to replace her in the ad with a "Mr. Beefcake", I'd sure like to hear about it!
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Francesca - you are about to come into an unexpected sum of money. I will post a tread titled: I will never make a cash contribution to iRV2. You will hear a poof and cha ching and immediately reply: I just came into to some money and would like to contribute some to iRV2. You can thank me later. as for the offending ad - next time you see it - pick up a small hammer and tap your monitor until you don't see it anymore.

Now before you good folks at iRv2 delete or moderate me - Francesca lives just a few miles from where dearly departed aunt lived out her life. Years ago she met / knew my aunt and Francesca and I are (were - lol) on good terms. The above was in good fun.

But seriously folks - you are taking steps to create a tag for threads related to RVers with disabilities or in their service - and I would like to show my appreciation. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks
Steve and Annie
Old 01-26-2013, 05:52 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oh, I get it...I think that's real nice of you!

You might try directly e-mailing to the site owner via the administrators - I think the owner (Andy R?) posts here now and then but chances are he might not see this thread.

Good luck- I'm sure you're making Bonita proud
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca
Oh, I get it...I think that's real nice of you!

You might try directly e-mailing to the site owner via the administrators - I think the owner (Andy R?) posts here now and then but chances are he might not see this thread.

Good luck- I'm sure you're making Bonita proud
and flowers to you! My aunt Bonita was very community minded and I miss here dearly. I believe I mentioned to you - our MH is named Bonita Bounder in her memory. While she worked through dyslexia her entire life she received her BA and MA from U of W. From that point on she new Washington and specifically Port Townsend would be her home.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I guess iRV2 isn't interested in unsolicited donations. Oh well.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:01 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
For those of you who've asked about donations... we appreciate the sentiment. Currently we're not set up for a donation option but I can look into the possibility of changing the paypal form to accommodate this. A little heads scratching is needed....

Stand by...

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H
For those of you who've asked about donations... we appreciate the sentiment. Currently we're not set up for a donation option but I can look into the possibility of changing the paypal form to accommodate this. A little heads scratching is needed....

Stand by...
Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the reply and setting up the handicap group. Wish it worked on the iPhone app but that's they way it goes. Thanks again!