Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:41 AM   #1

Daily Digest Format

I'm wondering if there is any plan to provide a Daily Digest that will provide all the content of the "New Posts" (for all threads with a new post), similar to the Daily Digest provided under the old EVE software (hope I've got that right)? That was a tremendous time saver to be able to scan all the new posts for all the threads in a forum without actually connecting to the Forum(s). This allowed review of all the posts without being online for those without that capability.

johnwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2009, 12:48 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwr View Post
I'm wondering if there is any plan to provide a Daily Digest that will provide all the content of the "New Posts" (for all threads with a new post), similar to the Daily Digest provided under the old EVE software (hope I've got that right)? That was a tremendous time saver to be able to scan all the new posts for all the threads in a forum without actually connecting to the Forum(s). This allowed review of all the posts without being online for those without that capability.

You can do this by changing your e-mail preferences in your usercp to daily notification and then subscribing to the forum section/s you are interested in.

To change e-mail:
>user cp >edit options. Locate the Messaging & Notification sections and select what kind of notice you want from the Default Thread Subscription Mode section. Scroll and hit save.

To subscribe to a forum section:
You can subscribe to an entire forum section by opening that section and clicking on forum tools at the top of the forum. Under the drop down menu you will find an option to subscribe. (see pic)

If you want to subscribe to the entire board, you would have to do this for each section of the board... but be prepared for hundreds of e-mails each day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	subscribe to forum.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	80  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:30 AM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Am I missing something here?

In the "User Control Panel", "Edit Options" screen, "Messaging & Notification" section I have "Default Thread Subscription Mode" set to "Daily email notification". I got an email but all it had in it is a list of the new threads (not including the content) and a list of the updated threads (again not including the content) in the forum I have subscribed to.

Is this the way it is supposed to be now or do I need to change something else?

2005 35MKO
Curtis Brown is offline   Reply With Quote