Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:47 PM   #15

If I may, I use Malwarebytes 2X weekly. Another good, free virus removal tool is Norton Power Eraser, for those times when Malwarebytes doesn't seem to recognize a virus, or is overpowered by the virus/malware.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2016, 09:58 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
I just ran Malwarebytes and it found nothing.....But then I have Kaspersky, so I guess Kaspersky is doing its job.

Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 11:37 PM   #17

Malware bytes free??? I've heard this before but wherever I look the only free version is only a trial 14 day version, then you pay. What am I missing?
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 12:00 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
I'm not aware of any current issues with the site but have asked our programmer to have a look. I think it's more likely that you've picked up some malware.

I'd like to suggest that you download and run malwarebytes which is especially good at removing this stuff. This is a free download and you don;t have to sign up for the service. https://www.malwarebytes.com/
I have the exact same download attempt fairly regularly, only when I'm on IRV2. I've never clicked on it. Respectfully, If it only occurs here, is it my infected computer or IRV2? Just sayin'

I'm not worried about it, I ignore it.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 12:33 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconTrail View Post
I have the exact same download attempt fairly regularly, only when I'm on IRV2. I've never clicked on it. Respectfully, If it only occurs here, is it my infected computer or IRV2? Just sayin'
Same story here...and my system is clean!
PSOUZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 02:27 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
Malware bytes free??? I've heard this before but wherever I look the only free version is only a trial 14 day version, then you pay. What am I missing?
It is free for 14 days and a pretty good product - especially for discovering adware. Uninstall it when you are through or purchase if you like

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconTrail View Post
I have the exact same download attempt fairly regularly, only when I'm on IRV2.
Can you let me know what ads you see when this happens or help us track the issue with a link (sometimes you can right click to view the link address). Any extra info would be helpful.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 03:08 PM   #21
BnB

My 2 cents...... 4 years ago we switched over to Apple IOS (IPhones and IPads, never use a computer any more), never getting any pop ups, adware, etc and never have to purchase added protection software. Used Microsoft exclusively for years home/work and always had problem after problem of junk and freezing up etc... What a money pit! Best thing we ever did was switch to Apple..... Guess that's why they say 'once you try Mac you'll never go back'. Jus sayin........
BnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 08:36 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Can you let me know what ads you see when this happens or help us track the issue with a link (sometimes you can right click to view the link address). Any extra info would be helpful.
The moatad appeared again at 7:27 pm PST. The following ads appeared at that time;
RV Solutions
Redlands Truck & RV
Last Chance (RV warranty)
Snap Pad
Ultra RV Products.com
Equalizer Systems
Thor
Winnebago
Source Engineering Inc.

I hope this helps identify the offender.
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 09:30 AM   #23
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The program is linked to malware/adware.

Description

Oh how I do like adblock+ and Ghostery.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 09:16 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
Go to https://www.malwarebytes.com/ click on the left hot-button which says download, the right button is the premium(paid) version. When you install malwarebytes you may get the premium version, at the end of the free trial it reverts back to the free version.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote