Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #1

Dear moderator...

How many moderators are there? Do you guys read every thread and post? I have noticed that you guys keep a good eye out for a thread that gets a little too political or off color and thanks for that. Seems that it could be a thankless job sometimes so thanks for what you do so that we can enjoy the fruits of your labor. PS: there probably be alot of political commentary over the next year, so please be patient. We have to disagree about something, might as well be the government!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger G View Post
How many moderators are there? Do you guys read every thread and post? I have noticed that you guys keep a good eye out for a thread that gets a little too political or off color and thanks for that. Seems that it could be a thankless job sometimes so thanks for what you do so that we can enjoy the fruits of your labor. PS: there probably be alot of political commentary over the next year, so please be patient. We have to disagree about something, might as well be the government!
Let me answer this for you"

Political rants can get downright nasty; take them somewhere else, no room here for all the name calling that will come with these types of discussions.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I think between all members of the staff we probably read the vast majority of posts but rely heavily on members to keep the forum largely self-policing via coaching and the "Report Post" feature.

We realize that with the election coming up the tendency will be for the number of political posts to increase but Melvonnar is right... this forum is not the place for them. I'm afraid we won't be very patient with them and ask all members to refrain from political posts and replies. We will be moving quickly to remove them as we see them. We have found that if we allow political discussion to continue it inevitably leads to someone crossing the line. If the offending post is from the "red team" and we delete it we are perceived as being in favor of the "blue team" and vice versa so please help us keep this the best RV FORUM on the web.

Thanks,

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
Let me answer this for you"

Political rants can get downright nasty; take them somewhere else, no room here for all the name calling that will come with these types of discussions.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger G: there probably be alot of political commentary over the next year, so please be patient. We have to disagree about something, might as well be the government!
From our rules;

Quote:
Discussions of politics and religion are not allowed at iRV2.
We respectfully expect our members to abide by the rules, and since we are a RV forum, political discussions are not appropriate.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
How many moderators are there?
You can see a list of site team members here iRV2 Forums - Show Groups

Being a mod is a bit of a thankless job, I agree. It's wonderful that these few volunteer their time and talent to help out. As you have pointed out, the board would likely be a lot les friendly if not for their efforts. Members can help by clicking the report post button when they see trouble.

This alerts moderators to a possible problem and is a tremedous time saver.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:06 PM   #6

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO
the "Report Post" feature. Love it thanks!

We realize that with the election coming up - ? Who's running? Had no idea
thanks for all your hard work!
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
To all moderators, . . . THANK YOU!! for all your hard work. I have seen much of the work you folks do. You really do react quickly to inappropriate posts. I have also seen wise judgment by sending a little reminder to watch getting too close to the edge of a touchy subject. A little warning on a couple of threads i have seen and they straighten right out and move on to a more approbate subject. Really didn't mean to get into all that, I just didn't want this to be too much of a thankless job. so Thanks again, to all moderators for all your help to keep this the best website on the net.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
As a past Moderator and Administrator, I can say the members help a lot on policing post. If you notice the red triangle with ! in it, to the lower left of each posters screen name, you can click there and send the moderators a message about any post that you may question.

Also, from past history, any political post or religious post will eventually turn bad. Some that are border line may be allowed to run and see how they go. Often a Moderator will step in with a warning to the posters in hopes of keeping things from going south.

The Moderators walk a thin line and often participate in the post, then they should not Moderate there, but other Moderators can step in.

Enjoy the best RV forum on the Internet.

Ken
Old 08-18-2011, 07:25 PM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I also want to thank you for keeping us straight, which I know sometimes is not an easy job!

Now if someone would just come up with an answer to the back button problem

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:31 PM   #10

You are right about politics and religion being a touchy subject. The only thing more dangerous is college football or ask what's the best RV. Thanks again moderators. I use the irv app so I miss some of the features on the full web site. I need to check out the full site but since DW got an iPad, I just never turn the desktop on unless I have too.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:36 PM   #11

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jminyard View Post
I also want to thank you for keeping us straight, which I know sometimes is not an easy job!

Now if someone would just come up with an answer to the back button problem
I have no problem with the back button using Firefox 6.0 nor IE 9
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Go Gators!!!!!!!!!!
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:59 PM   #13
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Our members play a HUGE role in making this site the friendliest & best RV-ing Forum on the www. A big goes out to all our members who help us "keep the peace" by reporting problem posts. We couldn't do it without you.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:08 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
We do have a great mod team here, and thanks for your time.

I was a mod on camaros,net for many many years (I quit after they sold out to autoforums and went commercial) and it is quite a job with nothing (tangible) in return.