Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2008, 05:23 AM   #1

I tried to edit a previous post and was denied permision. What has changed?
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2008, 05:23 AM   #2

I tried to edit a previous post and was denied permision. What has changed?
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Old 11-29-2008, 05:32 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
We removed this privilege due to abuse by members resulting in destroyed threads that no longer had continuity. If you absolutely must have an edit to a post send a request via PM to that forum's moderator and he/she will do it for you.

There is a short grace period after making a post that allows edits for spelling, grammar, etc.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:32 PM   #4

Rather than a blanket policy affecting everyone (most of whom don't abuse the edit function), why not limit the editing function for the abusers?

I often will go back to a post and add a photo to the original or make a spelling change.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:10 PM   #5
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Unfortunately , its not that easy. If you need to add something, e mail or PM a MOD or Admin and we would be glad to help you.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:12 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Wicked Whippets...It would be impossible to know who will end up abusing those "edit" rights so the policy had to go into effect.
You can email or PM any Moderator to add or change your post. I am one of the Moderators on the West Coast so I am usually up fairly late.
(Just look for any one of the many posts from MM in the pet area and click my name)

MM

PS... How did you do this today?

Old 12-03-2008, 05:34 PM   #7

The exception is when I have asked a number of times and I am a good standing member and have been refused.The source of the thread was me and certainly then I am the one person who knows what I want associated to my user name or not.Not knowing me,anything about me,why would a request be refused.Abuse????.No I don't think so.A honest request.Yet it isn't being taken care of.Now given that as the facts,I ask a Admin to honor my request to delete the thread about Vintage Mod's.

Gary
Old 12-04-2008, 05:15 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Gary, I answered you in a PM about the thread in question. We generally do not lock or delete content of a forum unless forum rules are broken.

Every forum I have been on uses a time out on the editing of a post. We had left the time out deactivated on this website unitl we finally had a post where the poster made a drastic change to his post that created other problems and the thread made no sense when read. The administrators here decided we need to activate the editing function and it was set a 15 minutes after the post.

The post has been discussed in the Moderators forum and it was found that there is no reason to delete the thread. I will go ahead and lock the thread.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 12-04-2008, 05:45 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
You "admin" types are making hard for some of us to use these forums.

I quit using the photo section simply because I could not wait up to 24 hours for picture approval. I use photobicket and I can post a photo in less than a min and have it on IV2 for viewing.

Now my spelling and grammar are have room for improvement. There are times when I left words out that changed the whole post. I have also gone back and changed things after I find new info or correct and error. I then post an update to tell the IRV2 readers about the correction or update. I am not thrilled with the fact that I have to have someone fix my mistakes and wait hours or even days.

Penalize the offenders not the whole community. If gets an worse I will just quit posting!
Old 12-04-2008, 06:03 PM   #10

I just tested your new feature... in the above post. Check it out. This sucks big time.

HOW ABOUT 24 HOURS
Old 12-04-2008, 06:40 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I quit using the photo section simply because I could not wait up to 24 hours for picture approval. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That is flat out untrue for at least the last 12 months..!
I personally know that MM is up until approx 12:00 PM Pacific Time every nite approving every picture that comes in if it is appropriate for family viewing. Dirk, (Route 66) handles most of them during the day when MM is at work or unavailable.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:55 PM   #12

I don't give a rat's patute if he/she stays up 24 hrs a a day. The fact is I have to wait when I should not have to. I don't post offensive photos. I have over 435 photos (before I quite posting them) with close to a 450,000 views. Give me a break.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:59 PM   #13

I well understand the need to want to approve pics.I for one don't care to look on a RV forum and see pics that shouldn't be there.On the other hand,I do post from photobucket on the other sites who don't want the same things guys want to keep out of here.Seems photobucket sreens the pics themselfs.Maybe that would be a way to save all of you a ton of work.Just allow photobucket pics only.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:22 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to GerryB54 Send a message via Skype™ to GerryB54
I also don't feel this new policy makes much sense...sorry...the need to edit your posts or add updates seems crucial to me.